Chapter 10

"Secretary Ross has a Congressional Medal of Honor, which is one more than you have." Rhode argued with Sam behind Steve who was reading the accords through.

"So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam countered, Tony sitting with a tried hand covering his face as the rest of you just listened to the back and fourth debate.

"117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and you're just like, 'No, that's cool. We got it.'"

"How long are you going to play both sides?" Sam snapped at the other man who he was arguing with.

"I have an equation." Vision spoke up, the rest of you letting out a sigh as you might finally get to a decision rather than arguing for hours.

"Oh, this will clear it up." Sam commented, both men turning to face him with crossed arms.

"In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate." Vision started with his facts.

"Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve asked with a raised eyebrow towards the Android.

"I'm saying there may be a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict . . . breeds catastrophe. Oversight . . . oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand."

"Boom." Rhode agreed simply.

"It's not that simple" you looked to Rhode.

"Y/n's right" your brother backed you up.

"Tony. You are being uncharacteristically non-hyper-verbal." Natasha pointed out, looking towards the billionaire.

"It's because he's already made up his mind." Steve noted.

"Boy, you know me so well." Tony winces as he sits up. "Actually, I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache." He walks towards the kitchen area and starts sorting through the dishes. "That's what's going on, Cap. It's just pain. It's discomfort. Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal? Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" Tony scolded the group. He suddenly pulls an image of a young boy in hologram form to show everyone, acting as though he didn't see that he put it up.

"Oh, that's Charles Spencer, by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree, 3.6 GPA. Had a floor level gig at Intel planned for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul, before he parked it behind a desk. See the world. Maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas or Fort Lauderdale, which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam, which sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where, Sokovia. He wanted to make a difference, I suppose. I mean, we won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking ass" Tony took a pill or ease his headache before continuing. "There's no decision-making process here. We need to be put in check! Whatever form that takes, I'm game. If we can't accept limitations, if we're boundary-less, we're no better than the bad guys." Tony finished.

"Tony, someone dies on your watch, you don't give up." Steve reminded as you and a few others nodded slightly.

"Who said we're giving up?" Tony countered immediately.

"We are if we're not taking responsibility for our actions. This document just shifts the blames." Steve explained.

"I'm sorry. Steve. That - that is dangerously arrogant. This is the United Nations we're talking about. It's not the World Security Council, it's not SHIELD, it's not HYDRA." Rhode began again. You thought deeply on this, especially the mention of Hydra.

"No, but it's run by people with agendas, and agendas change." Steve said.

"That's good. That's why I'm here. When I realized what my weapons were capable of in the wrong hands, I shut it down and stop manufacturing." Tony gave his life story again.

"Tony, you chose to do that. If we sign this, we surrender our right to choose. What if this panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there is somewhere we need to go, and they don't let us? We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own." Steve pointed out.

"If we don't do this now, it's gonna be done to us later. That's the fact. That won't be pretty." Tony told him. Your face faltered at the realization of possibly being separated from your family.

"You're saying they'll come for me." Wanda voiced her own side of fear.

"We would protect you." Vision told her as you leaned closer to her to give her some comfort, taking her hand in yours.

"Maybe Tony's right." Natasha said, causing Tony to look at her in shock. "If we have one hand on the wheel, we can still steer. If we take it off -" she continued.

"Aren't you the same woman who told the government to kiss her ass a few years ago?" Sam asked, interrupting her.

"I'm just . . . I'm reading the terrain. We have made . . . some very public mistakes. We need to win their trust back." Natasha explained.

"Focus up. I'm sorry, did I just mishear you or did you agree with me?" Tony leaned towards her.

"Oh, I want to take it back now." She claimed.

"No, no, no. You can't retract it. Thank you. Unprecedented. Okay, case closed--I win." Tony cheered slightly.

"I have to go." Steve stated suddenly, getting up and leaving.

~~~

"I'm going to go get something to eat" Wanda announced, standing up to leave our room as her, Pietro and you were watching sitcoms.

"Bring me back something!" Your brother called out to her, not taking his eyes off the screen. "So what's on your mind?" He questioned you, noticing something was off.

"Just this whole accords thing." You sighed. "If we sign it then we will get to stay together but if we don't they could split us apart." You explained your thoughts on the situation your team was dealing with. Most of the avengers were out at the UN dealing with Steve chasing down Bucky Barnes while you, Pietro, Wanda and Vision had been left at the compound.

"We would never let you be taken from us" Pietro stated as a reminder. You silently nodded before Wanda came back into the room.

"Vision won't let us leave!" Wanda told us with anger as she stormed back in.

"What?" You turned your head to face her.

"He said that Tony doesn't want us to leave because we are dangerous and could make things worse" she sat beside you with a huff.

"I'm going to have a word with him" Pietro stood suddenly and went to find the Android when you had stopped him.

"Pietro wait! Maybe he is right, we don't want to go out and make anything worse" you tried to reason.

"So you are siding with Stark?" He questioned, hurt evident in his voice.

"No, I don't know. But he is right about this one thing so let's just continue our show" Pietro glared at you as he sat down again and the rest of the episode was filled with awkward silence for the triplets.

——————————————————
Question of the day: what side do you think y/n will be on? (Team iron man or team Cap)

I apologize for not posting recently, I am still trying to get back to a normal schedule again but will hopefully be posting regularly within the next week or two.