chapter 20

when we get outside the buidling clary just stops walking.

"jace"izzy calls making the boys stop walking. im still on alec's hip.

"calry we have to keep moving."jace says making clary scoff.

"im catching my bretah." she says and she looks like she could pass out.

"great not only did magnus not get the girls memories back, he took the necklace." alec says annoyed shifting me on his hip as i lay my head on his shoulder.

"alec.the girls are called clary and gracie and highly suggest you keep your voice down." jace mutters harshly to alec.

alec looks at me and my eyes that are slwoly closing.

"why? you afraid your gonna upset her?" alec asks jace annoyed.

"why do you like one and not the other?"jace asks annoyed seeing alec treat gracie nicely but not clary.

"because shes so inncoent. you can tell she wouldnt hurt a fly."alec whispers seeing im basically alseep.

"where no where closer to the moral cup."alec says rolling his eyes,"and we've lost the institues necklace." alec groans.

"hey, im right here"clary says loudly making me open my eyes and whimper.

"i dont care about your damn jewerly, im sorry your gonna look bad infront of your bosses okay?" she says looking at alec annoyed."by our mother is still missing and my last chance at finding her has just disappeared into thin air."she rants angrily.

"calry its gonna be fine."jace says softly but she shakes her head,

"no its not. people are dying because of me." she says shaking her head tears falling down her face. i whimper seeing her so upset."and magnus? magnus will never come out of hiding again because of valentie" she shouts,"we're never gonan get our memories back." she shouts throwing somethinga t jace taht he just catches.

he looks down and then nods.

"you give up way to easy." he mutters before walking away.

"what is he doing?"clary asks izzy as we follow are jace. i lay my head back on alec shoulder snuggiling into him.

"he's tracking magnus" izzy mutters watching jace.

"be quiet and keep your distance."alec tells us.

"the button belonged to magnus....jace can inpoint the location using that."izzy explains.

"no....the signals not strong enough."jace sighs turning around to look at us."magnus must be blocking the track....alec?"jace asks looking at him.

i feel alec sigh and slwoly let me down making me whimper and reach for him.

"stay with your sister." he says patting my head making me pout.

"what are they doing? "clary asks looking as the boys link hands and both close their eyes.

"parapiti tracking"izzy mutters looking at them"When parabatais track, their power grows stronger. Jace and Alec are gonna track Magnus together."izzy says a small smile on her face as she looks at them.

" Yeah, this whole parabatai thing seems oddly intimate, if you ask me."clary says looking at them as they come out of the trance.

alec walks over and picks me up again sitting me on his hip.

" got him. " jace says walking past everyone.