Four

2014: October, Fall Semester

For the past few hours Magenta has been stuck in one spot due to arguing with Noah all day via text. She hasn't got up to use the bathroom or eat. All she's been doing is typing paragraphs at a fast rate trying to get her point across.

She went to her Friday classes and now she's free to do what she wants. Out of all things she chooses to go back and forth with a nigga in a whole other state. Sounds ridiculous, but she can't just pull up on him like he lives a few blocks away.

"He can't be serious?" Magenta says out loud.

It causes her roommate, Amil, to ask, "What?" She noticed the way Magenta was angrily typing and knows someone's getting told the fuck off. She knows that stuck position from anywhere.

Gen stares at the picture Noah sent to her on Snapchat. If he was in the same state she'd be ready to kick him in his throat, but she can't. Noah decided to get extra petty with this argument by sending her a picture of some white girl sitting on his lap. From behind the girl who hides her face, he wears a smirk.

Usually, Magenta would keep her relationship business to herself, but she can't fathom this. She turns her screen, so Amil can see the picture. "Oh, he's bold bold."

The couple had been arguing since yesterday about potentially breaking up but neither would say the words to make the decision. Instead they've been bickering like little kids as if they'll really leave one another alone.

I guess this is Noah's way of trying to force Gen's hand so she'll breakup with him. It's a coward move. If he wants to breakup with her, just do it. The thing is Noah doesn't actually want to breakup forreal. Yesterday they were having an open conversation about temptations they face going to schools in different states...

Noah went back to college in Colorado at the beginning of summer because of football. They didn't get those two to three months to spend time together like other couples. It's been 4 months since they've seen each other in person. They won't see each other again until the semester's over in December because he won't be coming home for Thanksgiving.