𝐂.45

the question of sarah cameron

"COME ON, MANDATORY MEETING AT RIXON'S COVE," JJ states, patting Kiara and JJ on their shoulders as he begins to walk towards the exit

"COME ON, MANDATORY MEETING AT RIXON'S COVE," JJ states, patting Kiara and JJ on their shoulders as he begins to walk towards the exit. He whoops in the air, causing Marty to turn her head and abrupt her conversation with Sarah.

"Oh, looks like I have to go," Marty raises her eyebrows as Sarah smirks knowingly. "Care to join?"

"Nah," Sarah shakes her head. "I have to get something for John B and with Ward out of the house, it'll be easy. I'll definitely see you later, though."

"Since when are you friends with Johnny?" Marty crosses her arms, skepticism written across her face.

"Since when are you related to John B?" Sarah counters, copying the brunette's movements.

"Touché," Marty smirks back, before her mouth falling into a flatline. "Listen, uh, I might've been a little harsh with you the other night. I"—

—"No, I'm sorry," Sarah interrupts, reaching out and grabbing Marty's hand. "I jeopardized our friendship that night, besides you look really happy with JJ." She smiles, nodding over to the blond boy.

Marty turns her head, quickly making eye contact with her pretty boy before he salutes John B. She turns back, heat rising to her cheeks. "I am really happy."

"Good. If you're happy, then I'm happy," Sarah answers, pulling her hand away and hugging herself as a sudden chill breeze through the tent. "You deserve to be happy."

"Marty! Kie! Pope! Are you coming or what?!" JJ yells out, urging his best friends to hurry up.

Kiara grins mischievously, nudging for Pope to come along. Her parents try to tell her 'no', but she's already out in the midnight sky without a worry in the world. Pope tears off his apron, shoving it down on the ground, and running towards John B. Heyward Senior begins to yell, but Lola Holland calms him down— reminding him how they were as teenagers.

"That's my cue," Marty shrugs, waving goodbye before she runs towards JJ. Not realizing the longing gaze Sarah bestows on her as she turns around.

He bends down a little, holding his arms out as he catches her. She laughs in excitement as she's hoisted into the air and spun around. Her arms around his neck, her hands dancing in his hair. His arms around her waist, his hands on her behind. He looks up at the beautiful creature in front of him: the moonlight cascading on her perfect skin, giving her a celestial glow. As he slowly releases her, their hands never let go of each other. Their noses touching as her feet find the freshly-shaven grass.

Martha's eyes flick over to his pink lips, his teeth nabbing his bottom lip as his smile grows wider. JJ pushes a fallen strand back behind her ear, his hand swiftly laying on her throat. HIs cool rings coaxed her sweaty skin.