39

(This chapter contains suicide, mentions of rape and some triggering topics

(This chapter contains suicide, mentions of rape and some triggering topics. Please skip if you dont want to read.)
"I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"

Over the days, Maki noticed how Lillian was always late. Soon, those days turned to weeks but Lillian didn't say a thing, so she didn't bring it up.

The teacher from before, Mr. Randock, and Maki always disliked one another, the former because Maki always just scowled and corrected the mistakes he'd make during history classes, as if she was the teacher.

The former hated him because he was just plain dumb and never did his research in anything. Everytime he taught the class something, it was more like he was brainwashing them into thinking their country was the utmost greatest and all others were inferior.

This only increased her dislike for him.

At the current moment, Maki was walking up the stairs with her lunch, scowling at anyone who bumped into her in the crowded halls. Usually, the roof was closed off but since Maki was friends with the staff and janitor they usually made an exception as long as they didn't do anything bad up there, which they didn't.

Maki raised her brows when she saw her friend on the other side of the railing, and to be honest, it frightened her. Setting her food on the bench, she then proceeded to walk towards Lillian only for the girls voice to stop her.

"Maki, is that you?"

"Yeah," Maki nodded. "You should get down from there."

"You're the last person I wanted to see me like this." 

"Huh?" Maki furrowed her brows and walked closer, only stopping when she realized just what could be happening. Her eyes widened as she shakily stepped closer.

"Stay...Stay away from, M-Mr. Randock, okay?" It was clear tat Lillian was crying not too long ago, her voice being scratchy and tired. 

"Yeah, I always do...J-Just get down from there, Lillian!" Lillian ignored her words but turned around to look at her friend.. 

"Maki... I know y-you're in pain but... Try t-to understand others." The older girl smiled, yet Maki hated the look. It was obviously so sad and filled with false happiness.

Even though she was already trying to be nice to others, thanks to the very girl in front of her, she obviously was doing a terrible job at it. She shook her head to rid her of any unnecessary thoughts and ran closer.

"Y-Yeah, I will! J-Just get down from there, Lillian!"

"Maki..." Lillian turned around with a smile, tears now running down her face as she watched her younger friend run towards her.

One step forwards was all it took for her to fall. With only a scream of pain erupting from Maki's throat, her friend jumped.

"This wasn't your fault."

Maki bolted as fast as she could and practically dove over the the railing but managed to grip it with her left hand while her right caught her friends arm. 

Lillian looked up in shock, startled by Makis speed. Maki grunted in pain while trying to pull Lillian up, tears falling on her friends face.

"Please, Lillian!" Maki cried. "Don't go! You're all I have!"

"Don't, Maki... You don't need me. Nobody needs me."

"That's a lie!" Her voice cracked painfully and she felt her grip loosen, much to her horror.

'Please, no! No!'

"I-I can pull you back up! A-And I'll save you as many times as I need to, then we can figure everything out together!" She desperately yelled and for a second she saw Lillians eyes flash with something. She thought Lillian might actually agree, but instead she looked down at the ground.

"That makes me happy, Maki... Thank you." She tore her gaze to look at her brown haired friend. "On my desk, I have photos of w-what mr. Randock did to me. I used to think I could get him in trouble, but it's useless now."

"Please, Maki..." Maki felt her grip loosen and her pupils dilated when he friend forced her arm out of the girls grip.

"This isn't your fault..."

"LILLIAN!!!"

Three months later, Maki barged into the school with papers and eyes flashed in rage, uncaring of any classes as she ran towards one classroom with a teacher yelling at her not to run.

She slammed the classroom door open, interrupting the room as they watched a movie and grabbed a wooden bat that one of the baseball kids left. Without hesitation, she slammed it against the mans head, breaking it and inducing loud gasps from the students watching.

"You son of a bitch!" She seethed. "You're the reason Lillian's dead! You raped her, you damn bastard!" A teacher from next door froze at the words but soon came to his senses as Maki grabbed the broken bat and continued to hit the history teacher.

"Bastard! Bastard! Bastard! What did she ever do to you?! WHY?!"

Soon more teachers stumbled upon the scene as classes stopped to watch. Maki threw the files she had in her hand at Randocks face, as she cried.

Three months of her skipping school, and she managed to solve her friends suicide. All alone, because the police didn't give a damn about some girl going through depression who had died. But she wasn't just some girl, she was Maki's friend.

"I'll kill you!" One of the other teachers grabbed her and held her back as the principal picked up the files she had thrown. What he saw was enough proof, and his hand soon found his mouth as he covered it in horror. 

He turned to one of the teachers and ordered them to call the police, as two other teachers dragged the beaten and unconscious Randock outside, trying to reassure the students who looked at the man in shock and surprise.

Maki turned to the man who was holding her from running at Randock and finally released all the emotions she had hidden to catch the paedophile and rapist.

The man holding her was not only the single teacher she trusted, but also the  uncle of her best friend, and he was enraged. 

He allowed Maki to cry and wail into his chest, while he closed his own eyes. He had the chance to mourn her before, and he took it.

Maki didn't. Crying was banned in her house, after all.

"Lillian!" The sobbing ten year old yelled. " I'm sorry! I'm sorry I wasn't there for you! I'm sorry!"

Sorry this is kinda rushed.
Maybe its just my weird belief that to be nice you have to experience great pain.

I'm sorry to anyone who experienced something similar to this, and I hope you're alright.

Thanks for reading! I love you all!

~LamaUzumaki

P.S my tier one team is 3rd in our league and we all barely know each other, oop-