Chapter 22: Esme's Case Pt2

——————🤱🏼—————-

(This is after Mathew left, an before the call. )

Once Mathew and Charlie left they both went to go to Esme's house. It will take about 2 hours to drive there.

"So what are we gonna do if she doesn't admit that she has a son." Charlie said.

"Nothing, she clearly doesn't want anything to do with Ender then. So... I'll leave it there and tell Ender that she just doesn't exist. Or the easiest one that she's dead." Mathew said, those were the only logical answers, without telling him the actual truth. Which may hurt him more then to say that she left him.

But then again these are all 'what if's' she may want to see him.

An hour later though, he got a call from Simon.

"A call already?" Charlie joked.

"Let's just hope that it's nothing bad."

An so he answers the call, an that's when he learned that it's Ender an how he isn't eating. He will admit though, how he loved the fact that he was trying to follow the rules in not eating before him.
But he can't not eat for a whole day.

"Ender it's okay to eat I'm giving you permission to eat without me there that's why I put the others in charge.
So that you can eat with them." Mathew tried to convince him, but in the end he had to do a face cam so that he can see him.

Once he was on he can see that his face instantly lit up at seeing him. An Mathew loved how dependent Ender was on him and how he wanted to see him.
Ender is possibly the most needy of the Beast, especially a dragon beast.

Shortly after he had to hang up because of how close they were to Esme's house. He told Simon to call again if anything happens. But he also told Ender that if he eats without him there that he will give him and the others a prize.

Once they arrived they stay outside of the house for a bit. They were making sure that she was in there, and that she was the right person. Well they can only truly know once they go up there.

And so they get out of the car an knocked on the door.

The doors opens, but instead of a women they were met with a teenage girl.

"Yes?" The girl asked.

"Hi is Esme Beithir here?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah? Can I ask why your here?" She said with an attitude.

"I'm detective Charlie this is Mathew, we're here to speak with Esme." Charlie said.

"Mom! The police are here!" The girl said.

The women who they suspect is Esme came to the door an offered them to come in.

Once they did, they reveled why they were here.

"Miss Beithir, we have a question for you, but I ask that you listen to all that I have to say before you say something." She nodded her head.

"Did you have a kid about 18 years ago, it would've been a boy?" Charlie asked.

At the mention, she immediately tensed up, and looked away. A clear sign that she knew what he was talking about.