xcvi

After an entire week of pure bliss, beautiful sunsets and an unimaginable amount of sex, Fred and Madeleine returned back to their flat in London. Their first week as a married couple was as perfect as one could wish for but they couldn't deny the excitement they felt for the future that awaited them. Building their dream house together, the joke shop's expansion and starting their life together was truly a dream come true for the both of them but deep inside, a thought was bubbling in the blonde's head no matter how hard she tried to push it down. A family.

Even though they had agreed to wait a while before trying to get pregnant, subconsciously Maddie wanted something else. She had known since her nineteenth birthday that she wanted to have Fred's kids and in all honesty, she didn't want to wait a while as established. Fred had been pretty clear, stating that they would start trying when she felt ready but Maddie still couldn't voice outloud her all consuming thoughts to her husband out of her own personal fear.

Deep inside she knew she would be a good mother and Fred never failed to remind her so. Besides Fred, Madeleine's whole world was Teddy and she would sacrifice everything in her for him. She knew she took good care of the two-year old, she loved him as her own but the tricky thing was, she was scared of pregnancy, not of children and caring for them in itself. But that was also a lie because she knew how to take care of a toddler, not a way more fragile newborn that she would have to eventually carry in her.

The morning after arriving from their honeymoon, Maddie woke up earlier than Fred which was a rare ocurance since she always slept until later. She couldn't help but smile as she looked at him, red hair tousled but not as messy as hers, his cheek pressed against her chest and arms wrapped tightly around her waist. She ran her fingers through his soft ginger hair, stroking his cheek lovingly until his eyes fluttered open and a soft smile danced across his lips when his eyes met hers.

"You're so pretty," she kissed the tip of his nose.

"You're prettier," he said in the deep and raspy morning voice that made butterflies fly all around her. "Do we really need to go to work today?"

"I'm afraid so chéri," she laughed after a groan escaped him.

"We should have stayed in Italy forever," he hid his face on her chest.

"Would joining me for a shower make you feel better about returning to reality?" she said sultrily.

"Shower sex with my wife is the cure to all my problems," he smirked and swiftly shuffled to be hovering on top of her. "But maybe we should start here instead and finish in the shower angel."

"You completely read my mind then," Maddie giggled and pulled him into a passionate hungry kiss.

Instead of apparating to Diagon Alley how they usually did, the couple decided to take the long route and walk hand in hand through the streets of London, talking about nonsense but Fred could tell that Madeleine's head was elsewhere. Not really knowing, she was observing all of the couples with children, pregnant women and families who were out enjoying the start of the summer's longer and warmer days. "Love, you with me?" he asked after she stopped on her tracks after they passed by a crowded playground, kids giggling and playing all around.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she shrugged it off.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours?"

"Nothing, it's dumb."

"Try me," Fred came to a halt to look at her.

"I swear it's nothing Freddie," she smiled. "I was just thinking that maybe we can have a set of swings in the backyard and perhaps also a slide."