Ch. 5 - Mon Sommaire

Monet

I was told by Tony this morning, whom I had gotten extremely close to, that they were leaving for a mission that would last maximum one week long. I requested to go with them but Bruce immediately said no. He's so annoyingly protective of me.

Bruce and I were family friends. He was older than me by twelve years and I see him as my elder brother.

Him and I were the closest compared to my other siblings but coming in close second were him and my younger brother, who looked up to Bruce more than I did.

Him and I became closer and closer as the years passed and slowly developed into best friends. I made friends regularly as time passed but since I used to switch schools so much, I was never able to stay long enough to get close to people that much.

Plus, teenagers are annoying.

Even as a teenager, Bruce was always extremely mature, so I guess I just learnt from him to have high expectations.

My sister - Christine - was also younger than Bruce but just by four years and older than me by eight. She and I were not as close because she was just an overly moody teenager when she grew up and didn't improve much as an adult.

As we were both growing up, she was always jealous of me but tried her best not to show it as she still wanted to be a good sister to me. I could tell though. Everyone could. Even Bruce. Still, he had a soft spot for her and I never understood why. It was certainly not because he fancied her because, well, she was a lesbian.

Chrissy and I were still close as sisters but I simply didn't see her as anything more than that. What I mean is because most people used to tell me 'My sister is like my bestfriend' and bullshit like that. I mean, I loved her, but I never saw her as anything other than just my sister. Honestly, I think Chrissy and Bruce were closer than Chrissy and I were.

That's completely different from Blaise though. I loved him with all my heart. I still do. It completely shattered and broke me when I found out he had run away from home.

Him and I have the smallest age difference of three years. For siblings with such a small age gap, we got along surprisingly well. Better than most siblings really.

Blaise and Chrissy were in the same state as Chrissy and I. They were probably even further from each other, but he was hit the hardest out of the two of us when she died. That's probably why he ran away from home.

Don't get me wrong, I was torn apart when she left us. Especially since we never really were able to develop our relationship. I will always feel a guilt for that.

When Mama and Papa died, I was 16; Blaise was 13; and Chrissy was 24 meaning Blaise and I were still not independent yet. However, instead of moving out of our home after their deaths, my aunt Jenna moved in with us.

She took care of us two together for just a few months, since Mama and Papa died in the month of February and I was moving out in September at the age of 16. This was because I was ahead of my years while growing up so I always moved up grades.

Everyone I met in college were two to five years older than me so I hadn't made many friends there. I graduated from the University of Cambridge with a doctorate in biotechnology when I was 21 years old. Since then, I have been working for a company called S.A.B.L.E, standing for Scientific Administration of Biotechnology - Lausanne and Edinburgh.

Even being based in Lausanne (which was located on the French side of Switzerland) most workers spoke just English except for the boss, Mme. Dupont, whom I spoke French with.

Now back to Bruce and I. Mama and Papa allowed me to travel alone starting at the age of 12. From 12 to 16, I had been travelling at least four times a year to meet him but after the death of my parents, he had been coming to me instead. This is why it is my first time meeting The Avengers.

Bruce doesn't know Chrissy died since she wasn't living with us when she did and he doesn't know Blaise ran away from Aunt Jenna since I wasn't living with them two when he did. He never visited Blaise specifically and only met him while Blaise and I lived under the same roof, but they would always call and catch up with each other. Same for him and Chrissy, just not as much.

I never had the heart to tell Bruce about either of them, but especially her.

I still don't.

~~

A/N: Sorry this was just a filler chapter for Monet personally, but the next two chapters are up!