Chapter 11: Thy own will.

Alright, I got nothing to say for this author's note. So, enjoy the chapter!

There were still more battles ahead of him, to be exact two. Out of all of the competitors, he was against Todoroki Shoto. It seemed the universe still screwed him over from time to time.

Just as he was walking towards the rest area, a hero stood in his way. If he remembered correctly it was Endeavour. The 2nd strongest hero in Japan was staring down at him.

...What? He was short!

"So you are the student who can summon beings from your quirk? Let's see how tough they are against the flames of Shoto."

"Personas. That's what they are called. If a quirk is an extension of your body and mind, then my power would be sorely be mistaken as a quirk."
He drew in a breath before frost appeared in front of him. "Their abilities are mine, and vice versa." A second later flames came from underneath him.

It seemed Trismegistus wanted to 'kick' ass already. He drew back in the flames before walking out the gate.

"...Personas...Perhaps one of those Personas can make me the number one hero."

[(Line Break)]

"So it's Yuki vs Todoroki... it's a battle of wits and stamina most likely." Midoriya spoke while writing down notes. "As of now, everybody is wondering how a single person can summon these mythological beings. I wouldn't doubt that many others would have a different mindset of how one gets a Persona."

YaoMomo pitched in the conversation, "That does make me wonder, when did he first discover the power? He did say Personas are the masks you wear during adversity and in front of others. It leaves me baffled, which mask is his real one? So far, he has shown a few of his many masks. Do you guys remember the Persona that single-handedly destroy...no obliterated?"

"You mean...he could win this entire Sports Festival on his own?" Mina thoughtlessly said aloud. "I don't think that's the case...but we can't rule that out too. Have you noticed every single Persona he summoned so far, his facial expression changed slightly?"

"Come to think of it...when he summoned Thanatos back in the USJ, his posture was slack yet his expression was neutral, he didn't seem to care that one of his Personas killed/destroyed the bird like creature." Iida shook his head. "I hope in due time he'll tell us how he got strong."

Katsuki merely frowned. He knows that other people out there have strong abilities, but just how strong is Makoto Yuki?

[Break]

[Unknown Location]

'Find him...please sister!'

Labyrs woke up startled, looking around her surroundings trying to find a voice that sounded so similar to her. In fact, she knew whose voice it was. Aigis, her (Android) sister.

[Reassessing damage done to frame ware...frame ware is okay. Notice, must find parts to replace the ones that were stretched to their limit.]

She did a quick flip, scanning for possible signatures of Shadows and Persona Users.

She only found one, whether it was luck on her side, it didn't matter. She had to find the Persona User.

[Break]

Makoto didn't know what to think of Todoroki. Daresay, it's kind of like he is the opposite of himself. The differences between them are power. And Makoto will certainly not be held back.

'Kick his ass, Dude!' Junpei would probably say that, while being castrated by Mitsuru.

"Trismegistus!" If his opponent won't use fire, he'll do it instead. Heatness rose, no it felt like the whole stadium was humid. It was a sunny day, making it quite worse for those who didn't buy a cold drink.

Todoroki kept himself cool, blowing nothing but cold air in front of him. Slowly etching towards Makoto.

"Thinking outside the box? Quite unexpected. Brave blade!" Trismegistus flew at high speed towards it's intending target, aiming for the non-fatal points.

Todoroki guarded himself with an ice shield, tanking the brute force of the attack. Conjuring a sword made of ice, he threw his arm forward, creating a slide made of ice.

"Tarunda, Rakunda, Sukunda." Pulling out his nihil sword from his soul, his blade met Todoroki's.

"Are you trying to make me use my fire on purpose?" It seemed his opponent is losing his cool. No pun intended. "If so, I won't use it!"

Makoto laughed out loud, almost as if he heard a joke. "...and where do you think I get my power from, Todoroki-san?"

'What did he just say? I thought his power came from his imagination!'

"My power was nothing more than bonds. I may have awakened to a singular persona, yet the bonds I had made, it strengthened my will to protect those I cared about."

"Trismegistus, teach him your flames. Agidyne."

It scorched the stadium floor. Scorched. How did fire get this hot?

"Do you get it now? Even if you got power from others. It is what you want to do with it." Makoto slowly walked towards the duo user.

"Ha...you...why?" "Cause in the end, we all have something to fight for don't we?"

Todoroki had a flash of his mother, telling him, that his power was his own. "Hahue..."

His fire side rose with vigor. His goal had changed. And suddenly, he went numb. He clutched his head in searing pain.

"Does the lonesome require help?
Even if he had to use this accursed power? Can you wield the power of yourself?"

Todoroki slammed his hand on the concrete, drawing blood from it.

"If thou desires it, you only need to call my name."

"...Seal the contract." His eyes ranged from different colors before settling on green.

"Come to me...Helios!"

"I am thou, thou art I. From the soul of thou, I have arrived in flames."

"My name is Helios."

[And I'll end it here! Didn't see that one coming eh? Yeah, yeah. I tried to make Shoto's awakening somewhat plausible. In any case, I have made it towards people can have their own Persona. I hope you liked this change. See you next time.]