ii. locked up emotions

CHAPTER TWO·

CHAPTER TWO
·.¸¸.· mr perfectly fine ·.¸¸.·

𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗖𝗘 𝗦𝗔𝗧 𝗜𝗡 her room, music playing softly on her computer as she thought about what she was going to sing at auditions. She had a bunch of other songs to choose from, like hung up on you and slower, but they weren't what she was looking for. Reece wanted a song to show how heartbroken she was while EJ was off at camp perfectly fine, but every idea she had wasn't working.

Strumming her guitar, she wrote down little phrases she thought could be used in the song.

Hello Mr. "Perfectly fine"
How's your heart after breakin' mine?

I've been Miss "Misery" since y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶b̶y̶e̶ ̶ your goodbye
And you're Mr. "Perfectly fine"

'Cause I hear he's got his arm 'round a brand-new girl
I've been pickin' up my heart, he's been pickin' up her
And I never got past what I̶ ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ you put me through
But it's wonderful to see that it never c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ phased you

Reece wasn't only sad but frustrated with herself and EJ. How was he able to move on so quickly? Was she really want naive to think he could actually love her? Was he happier now that he's with Nini? Was he ever phased by the break-up? Those were the questions running through her mind

She could barely keep it together, anything could start her to bawl her eyes out. She took a break from the song and began to finish the homework she had. A half an hour passed and she was finished her work. That's when If By Chance by Ruth B began to play on her computer. She sang along letting all her emotions come out as she played the notes on the keyboard that laid in front of her. She knew it wasn't good to keep all her emotions in, but she did. The day that EJ broke up with her was the day Reece locked up her emotions and threw away the key. She knew at some point she'd have to unlock it but for now, it would stay closed until the perfect person came along with the key.

"And I don't mean to be selfish. But my heart breaks every time that I see you smile. 'Cause I know that it's not me who brings it out of you anymore." Reece sang, a tear falling down her cheek. That's when the lyrics to the song hit her, everything she needed for the perfect song was in all her other unfinished songs.

She hoped this song would show EJ everything that he put her through, she wanted him to understand about all the times she spent crying over him. That was her mission and she was determined to complete it.

INEZ SPEAKS
only two chapters in and we already have a filler! i just wanted to give a separate chapter of how reece came up with her song. you got to know about her thoughts a little more.

i'll be going on vacation a lot during august so i'll try to get as many chapters published as i can.