↳ (𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐓) Just Run - Kaedehara Kazuha

𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈(𝐬): Kaedahara Kazuha x Gn!Reader (!ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ᴜɴꜱᴘᴇᴄɪꜰɪᴇᴅ!)
𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒓𝒆: fluff
𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈: the reader has a vision [also unspecified]

ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴀʀʏ: Freedom was far from your reach, but he wasn't...

────────────────────────────────

The air in your lungs was knocked out at the news from the Vision Hunt Decree of your dear friend Kazuha, being a wanted fugitive. After the death of your friend who faced the Raiden Shogun head-on, it took a toll on both of you, but it seems that Kazuha was more affected, disappearing without a trace. You were close to sending your family's guards to look for him, but you knew they wouldn't abide by that.

As the eldest child of the (L/N) Clan, you were constantly expected to carry the responsibilities, and soon the family name once you were of age. However you never wanted that, you wised to be free from the expectation and duties you were forced to shoulder

That's where Kazuha came. No matter what life gave you, he was always there to support you, and listen to your rants as you played with the grass beneath you, he gave you a sense of calm no one ever gave you before.

Whenever you three were together, you felt unstoppable.

It wasn't long before you noticed how your heart leaped whenever his gentle hands picked the blossom petals that nested in your hair, how his poetic musings made you warm, and his swift moves with his sword always sent your mind into a trance, which was always cut off by his smirk.

Yeah, you were definitely in love with him. You seemingly always tried to avoid that conclusion, I mean, maybe it was just admiration? Or blooming friendship? But when the moment the news of him being labeled a criminal sent pangs in your heart, to a point where you wanted to burst into tears where you stood.

At that moment, you longed for his presence, his comforting aura, you wished to know what was going on. So once the time was right, you ran, ran away from your childhood home. Ignoring the shouts of your family and the guards right on your tale, you didn't stop running.

The moon shone brightly as you hid behind a thick tree, but the guards caught up to you, forcing you to summon your weapon and prepare to fight. However, before you and the guards clashed, roaring wind fiercely blew them off their feet. A hand took your wrist and started to dash into the forest further, you turned your head towards your savior.

Kazuha felt a strong tug on his hand, he stopped and turned towards you, he felt your arms around his neck as you hid your face on his shoulder. He returned the embrace by placing his bandaged hand on your head, both of you basking in your scent.

"Where have you been?" You whimpered. Before he could form an answer, the guards knocked out earlier seemed to be back on their feet. His breath hitched, releasing from your embrace, he grabbed both of your shoulders firmly, forcing you to look him in his ruby-red eyes, as he stared at yours.

"(Y/N) I'm only going to be asking you this once, whatever your answer is just say it alright?" His saddened yet anticipating gaze didn't go unnoticed to you, his breath was ragged as he finally asked:

"Runaway with me."

Your eyes shot open from pure shock. Running away with him would make you a fugitive too, as well as tarnishing your family name, but why would you care? You've longed for freedom, and this nation was tearing that away from you, the decree implemented by your deity resolved of your friend being killed and casting the one you loved away.

He knew every second of your thought is limited, yet he stayed patient and awaited your answer. So when he saw tears appearing in your eyes, he thought of the worst; but then a small yet impacting smile formed on your lips, he couldn't think straight when you nodded your head as a "yes".

Kazuha felt his grin growing wide, without a second thought, he pressed his lips on your own. He could feel both your hearts beating erratically as he placed his hand on your cheek.

You pulled away first with a chuckle, how intimate he was knowing the fact that you were being chased by guards, whose shouts were drawing nearer. He took you by the hand as you resumed to run once again.

You couldn't believe what you were doing, you never dreamed of running from official Inazuman guards with the one you loved, it was exhilarating. The midnight breeze brushed past as your legs carried you to your destination.

As if he could sense your mind wander, he looked back at you and just chuckled.

"Just run (Y/N)! Freedom will be granted to us soon!"