Chapter Forty Six - Dane

Dane ~

I fucking hated myself, turning away from the mirror as I undressed in disgust.

We hired one of the girls from the club generously to pose as my new girlfriend and tonight was our first public appearance. Angelo had to believe that we were done with Kinsley and needed us to see me out acting like the playboy I used to be.

My stomach churned and I felt like I was going to be sick as I scrubbed my hands harshly under the hottest water I could stand.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and pulled it out, glaring down at the bright screen.

Adriana?

"What's wrong?" I asked without a greeting.

"I told her, Dane." Adriana said in a voice so small I could barely hear her.

"Told who, what?" I asked, visibly confused.

"I told her it wasn't real. It was going to kill her if I didn't tell her." Adriana was talking about Kinsley, but knew better than to say her name over the phone.

"So she knows?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes." Adriana said meekly.

"I had to. And I'm not sorry. I just thought you'd want to know." Adriana said with her voice cracking before she hung up on me.

My body moved instantly to my laptop, rushing past Tyson in the process.

I flipped it open and logged onto the security system, but as soon as I saw the footage, I immediately regretted it.

Kinsley was gagging and retching in between sobs on the floor of her bedroom and the sight forced me to sit, otherwise I would have fallen to my knees.

I watch those damn cameras every night and I knew that our girl was in bad shape, but this? This is too much for me to handle.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, her small angelic voice muttered the only word that caused my entire body to freeze in place.

"Vanilla." She whimpered in the saddest voice I'd ever heard. "No more....please...I can't take anymore."

I hung my head and felt like a piece of my soul left my body as I listened to her sob.

This is all our fault...and I won't be a part of it any more.

"I'm done." I muttered with my head hung in defeat and my fists clenched.

My words had little effect on Tyson who was making a drink at the mini bar in the kitchen.

"Done with what?" He grumbled before taking a sip of his drink.

"This...hurting Kinsley like this. I'm done."

Those words elicited a reaction from Tyson and he moved toward me with a deep scowl.

"You know we can't do that." He said.

"Yeah? And why not? You said she'd be happy - that we were doing the right thing. We're fucking torturing her, man!" I yelled.

"Give it time." Tyson muttered.

"Fuck that." I snapped.

Tyson leaned forward onto the counter, bracing his weight on his knuckles.

"If you bring her back here, you're practically killing her yourself. Can you live with that?" He asked with pain in his voice.

"We're practically killing her now! Look at her, Tyson! That's our girl! She's not eating or sleeping and when she does she calls out our names!" I turned the screen toward Tyson who immediately turned his head.

"Fucking look at her, Tyson. Look what we're doing to her." I pleaded until Tyson relented and shifted his gaze to the computer screen.

His jaw locked tightly and his entire upper body became tense and flexed as he watched our Kinsley cry into the carpet, begging for us to stop hurting her.

"Sad is better than dead." Tyson growled.

"Well if we keep this up she'll be both...I'm going to get her." I said as I stood and headed to my room to pack my bag.

I threw some shit in a duffle and pushed past Tyson, snatching my keys as I moved toward the door.

"I can't let you do this Dane." Tyson growled, glaring at me.

Lifting my arms, I held them straight out, giving Tyson a clear view of my chest as I walked backwards toward the door.

"Then you're going to have to shoot me Tyson...because I'm going to get our girl."

"And how do you know she'll want anything to do with us now?"

I had to admit that thought had crossed my mind and was terrifying, but I had to try anyway.

"Because she loves us, Tyson. That's how I know."

I reached the door and slung my duffle over my shoulder.

"You coming?" I asked.

Tyson pushed out a hard breath and ran a frustrated hand through his hair before he eventually answered me.

"No." He said coldly.

"Fine."

I was done waiting on Tyson. I was done hurting Kinsley. I was done hiding.

I'm coming for you gorgeous and I hope you'll forgive me.

*****

Thoughts? :)