part nine

"That was today's poem

"That was today's poem." Minju waits a few seconds before pressing the 'stop' button. The usual round of applause echoes throughout the broadcasting room.

"Today's poem was lovely." Her bestfriend, Saemi, stands up to near her. "Why is that Ju? Did something interesting happen to you, hm?" She nudges with a suggestive look on her face.

Minju only raises an eyebrow at her in confusion before realising what she was talking about. She chuckles, telling Saemi that she had fun that day. "He's very funny, but don't do that again though."

Rather confused, Saemi asks her why not. Her friend just tells her that it's weird if they keep hanging out when he has a crush on her and she doesn't share the same feelings.

Without Minju seeing, Saemi bites her lip. A feeling of anxiety and guilt bubbling up inside her.

"Can we please hurry up? I really want to catch some breakfast before the cafeteria closes." Lee Donghyuck whines from standing by the doorway, hands on his hips while his left foot tap impatiently. "You, Yoon Saemi, have a meal to pay."

"You're lucky Minju is here. If we were alone, I would've killed you." Saemi packs up her script paper, not forgetting to collect Donghyuck's too.

"Or kissed me." The boy sticks his tounge out at Saemi.

Minju is taken aback but not really surprised at all. Saemi needed to make an excuse for herself however, trying to dismiss whatever Donghyuck just blurted out but Minju just shrugs.

Na Jaemin was outside when the three step out of the room, Saemi gives her a look before dragging Donghyuck away - promising him she'll pay for his breakfast if he just shuts his mouth.

"You're here early." Minju states. He smiles, telling her he usually comes to school at this hour. "Why.. are you here..?"

Her slightly straightforward question makes Jaemin stifle a laugh, "I wanted to see you." he waits to see her blush but he's only met by her smile that he'll never get tired of.