Fourteen

"Come on, Maximoff, show me what you've got," Maggie smirked at Wanda as the two stood opposite each other in the training room a few months later.

They were going on a mission at any moment so Maggie thought that she'd be a good friend and help Wanda make sure she was ready to go when they needed her to be.

"Powers or no powers?" Wanda said.

"No powers. You won't always be able to use them. You gotta learn how to defend yourself in every circumstance," Maggie said.

"You use your powers," Wanda said.

"I use my physical training more than I use my powers," Maggie shrugged.

"Why?" Wanda said.

Maggie quickly kicked Wanda's legs out from underneath her and straddled her, putting her arm down lightly on Wanda's neck so she wouldn't move.

"Because I find it more fun to tackle people myself," Maggie smirked down at her.

Wanda stared at Maggie with wide eyes and Maggie frowned.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" Maggie said.

"No," Wanda whispered.

"Did I scare you?" Maggie said.

"No," Wanda shook her head. Maggie put her palm on Wanda's neck and could feel her pulse racing.

"Then why does your heart feel like it's gonna crap out on me?" Maggie yanked Wanda to her feet again.

"Because your face was really close to mine and you taking me down was kind of really attractive and now I think I like women," Wanda mumbled.

Maggie raised an eyebrow at Wanda.

"Seriously? You get gay panic because I kicked your ass?" Maggie said.

"Shut up, Magdalena," Wanda groaned, pushing Maggie back teasingly.

"You started it," Maggie laughed.

"Hey, kids, we gotta go!" Steve waved them over from the door.

"Steve, guess what?" Maggie bounced over to Steve with a massive smirk.

"Maggie, don't tell him!" Wanda whined, running after Maggie.

"I knocked Wanda on her ass so easily, you wouldn't even believe it," Maggie said.

"That's great, little Romanoff," Steve chuckled. "You ready for the mission, Wanda?" he said.

"Yeah," Wanda nodded, slipping her hand into Maggie's. "Magdalena will be with me, right?" she said.

"The whole time," Steve nodded.

As the two were the closest in age and their powers were similar, Natasha and Steve had paired them together for training. Maggie figured that they were playing matchmaker while they did it, too, but she didn't mind too much because Wanda could actually put up a good fight with her magic.

"We'll be fine," Maggie said. Wanda still looked scared. "Hey," Maggie said.

Wanda looked at her and Maggie squeezed her hand.

"It'll be fine," she said.

"I know. I have you there," Wanda said cutely.

"Cringe," Maggie said, but tugged Wanda down the hallway with her.

"You do have a heart, after all!" Steve called after Maggie.

"Shut up, ice cube!" Maggie yelled.