Home is definitely not in your dreams

🌻🌻🌻🌻

Sleeping was overrated as far as Harry was concerned.

This always happened.

Why was it when he wanted to sleep the most was when trauma wanted to have a cookout? Nightmare after nightmare after nightmare.

It was just one hopeless endless loop that Harry decided the only way to get out of was to not sleep, no matter how much it hurt. It was better than constantly having to relive the burden of that dreaded room at the Dursley's house.

Draco gave the boy a lot of space... a bit too much space for his liking. Space was bad. space gave him room to think, and thinking in Harry's mind was a bad idea. He had been too happy to think these past days, but now he felt more alone than ever, feeling like he wanted to give up. Lacking the motivation to do anything.

He groaned as he stood up his feet padding softly on the wood floor as he strode to the door trying desperately not to cry through his frustration. He was slightly perplexed when he saw the downstairs lights on even though he was sure he turned them off. Nevertheless, he continued down the stairs on his quest to quench his thirst.

"Potter?"

Harry's head snapped up immediately almost giving him a heart attack. He watched the blonde's eyes soften as he focused on the boy.

"Why are you up so late?" he quizzed.

Harry pondered for a bit wondering whether or not it was a good idea to tell the latter.

"I couldn't sleep," It wasn't a complete lie

Draco seemed to pick up the fact that it wasn't the whole truth but never the less just sighed and looked back down at the table. Harry just looked down wordlessly his eyes clouding his vision. he walked towards the blonde and sat next to him quietly leaning his head softly on his shoulder.

"I just-"

"We don't have to talk about it tonight, tell me when you are ready ok?"

Harry felt at ease when he said this. Everyone was always expecting answers and explanations from him, regardless of if he knew the answer or not, not even to mention if he actually wanted to answer.

Draco picked up his pencil ready to start back on his design plan but realized there was a certain dark navy blue-haired boy leaning on him stopping his right arm from moving as freely. Harry seemed to notice this and immediately lifted his head. Draco seemed to notice this and cupped Harry's face guiding it back down to his shoulder making Harry blush slightly

"It's fine Potter, I'm ambidextrous," he placed the pencil in his left hand and began drawing once again.

Harry relaxed more into the latter's shoulder enjoying the rhythmic scratching of the pencil against the corrugated paper and the occasional tap on the iPad with a stylus. It came to his attention that there was also some music playing in the background which Harry could only associate with dark academia.

The quiet was broken by a consistent buzzing of a phone

"Salut maman, comment ca va?"

Harry smiled to himself when Draco began to talk in fluent french to his mother, he closed his eyes as he listened contently to his soothing voice, not the french, he had no idea what he was saying. He could feel his chest vibrate with every word. Harry couldn't deny that he found the blonde insanely attractive at that moment in time. (A/N translation will be at the end)

"Oui maman, je pense qu'il s'est bien installé et a commencé à se réchauffer avec moi," Draco chuckled slightly

"Ouais Je l'espère aussi, Bonsoir Maman, reste bien," he placed his phone down as he finished that sentence, moving slightly as he did so making Harry's head slip into the blonde's lap.

Draco's head snapped down to the sleeping boy who seemed unbothered by the sudden fall. Draco felt his heart slow down as he realized he didn't wake him up and gently removed the boys' glasses setting them down on the table in front of him.

He continued drawing his design plans trying his best not to crush or wake him. He found himself gently stroking Harry's hair as he did so finally rounding up his plan ready for a digital scan tomorrow. He grabbed a blanket throwing it over Harry who shifted into it sleepily pulling his blanket up to his nose.

He lent back slowly brushing a hand through his hair looking down for the 100th time taking in Harry's features. He didn't understand but it was like he admitted a sunshine aura all the time no matter what kind of shit he's been through. He was secretly glad that Harry was getting more comfortable with him. Lost in his thoughts they quickly turned into dreams his breaths leveling match to those of Harry's.

🌻🌻🌻🌻

Harry woke up contently after a peaceful sleep, something that didn't come to him naturally, which is why he was so happy. He rolled over opening his eyes finally only to find himself in a surrounding he was not expecting. He glanced up at the blonde who was still scrolling on his phone calmly.

"Malfoy," In Harry's mind, he was still tired and trying to figure out what was going on.

"Good morning," he sniffed placing his phone down and squeezing Harry's cheeks making Harry very annoyed yet happy at the same time "Was your sleep comfy? I mean didn't know my thighs were an option I would've done some squats if I knew,"

"shut up Malfoy, it was an accident," he off the couch in the blanket and ran up the stairs leaving Draco alone chuckling to himself knowing it was only a matter of time. Malfoy counted the seconds in his head 3...2...1

"DRACONIS MALFOY!" Harry yelled running down the stairs nostrils flare brandishing his phone in his hands

"yes sweetie," Draco said in an innocent tone making Harry's eyebrows furrow further

"What is the meaning of this," the dark-haired boy shoved his phone in the blondes face

@Draconismalfoy

*insert picture of Harry sleeping on Draco's lap*

Not Harry making himself comfortable in my lap, not complaining though he lowkey cute, #Drarry@HarryJPotter

"why you don't like it?"

"ugh for fucks sake,"

Comments

@HarryJPotter

I want you to die in a hole

@DraconisMalfoy(replying to@HarryJPotter)

awe I love you to bby 💞💕💘🥰😘😍

@Roniseating
I COMING TO PICK YOU UP 🏃💨

@HermioneIsAGranger
Shut Ron, they are having a moment🙄

@Blaisewasinafire
Harry is going to beat your arse, #couples goals 😪

@Pansyissmexy
Drarry is my new op ship, and I don't regret it🥵🥰😘😉

"see what you've done,"

Draco just shrugged laughing softly and walking up the stairs leaving Harry dumbfounded

🌻🌻🌻🌻

Salut maman, comment ca va? - Hello mum how are you?

Oui maman, je pense qu'il s'est bien installé et a commencé à se réchauffer avec moi - Yes mum, he has setteld in nicely and is starting to warm up to me

Ouais Je l'espère aussi, Bonsoir Maman, reste bien - Yes, i hope so too, goodnight mum, stay well

My sorry arse learning french wasn't so bad after all