Chapter 43

"YOU OKAY, kuya?"

Rage glances at his sister as he holds the urn where the ashes of his father are stored. They are now in his yacht and about to pour the ashes into the sea.

Paul died and succumbed to his illness one day ago and as he promised his biological father, he gave him a decent cremation. Now the sea will be his final resting place together with Olivia's ashes.

"Yeah, Kale." Rage smiled, looking back at the blue calm ocean. "I'm more than okay."

"Have you forgiven him?" Tukoy nito sa tunay niyang ama at yumakap sa bewang niya.

Inakbayan niya ito at hinawakan ang urn sa kanang kamay.

"His death took every anger and hate I have for him but there's still the pain. In time I will heal. So it is safe to say perhaps yes, I did."

"Mom is surely happy right now wherever she is," Kale whispered, looking at the vast ocean.

Rage smiled lightly. "I hope, I didn't disappoint her so much."

Kale chuckles. "Of course, you didn't. She sure was watching everything you did."

"I hope not." Rage laughs. "Especially when I'm with Auri inside our bedroom. Our mother would be really scandali—"

Tinanggal ng kapatid niya ang pagkakaakbay niya dito saka masama siyang tinignan.

"You talk so much like my cuddlebear." Kalisz flounced, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "Such a thing shouldn't be discussed like it's just a night out in the bar, tsk!"

"We are brothers, it's no surprise we do and excel in the same thin— hey!" Rage called, chuckling when his sister walked out.

"Annoying your sister, I see."

Napatingin siya sa kaliwa niya nang tumabi ang isa niyang kapatid na si Riot.

"Yeah, it's fun sometimes," Rage said with a smile then narrowed his eye on his brother down to the bottle of beer in his hand.

Drinking again...Tsk!

"How're your memories?" he asked.

"Fucked up. I remember a few things but still forgot a lot, tsk," Riot replied, frustration evident in his voice.

"Patience, Riot. Why don't you go for a retreat? In the forest," Rage recommended. "Bring the two dogs that mom gave you."

"Retreat..." Riot frowned then sighed. "I have a lot to do in my office. I don't have time for that. And I gave the two dogs away. Got no time for animals."

Rage tsked. "You should try, the best is in Quircos. I heard there's a forest that is so beautiful an asshole with fucked up attitude once stayed there and came home a changed man," he grinned.

Riot gives him an assessing look. "You talking about someone?"

"Yeah." Rage nodded. "Don't you want to do the same?"

Riot glared at him while he kept his grin. "Did you just indirectly call me an asshole with a fucked up attitude?"

Rage rubbed his nape and then turned around. "Well, bro...you guess."

"Oh, fuck you." Mura nito na sinagot niya lang ng tawa.

Dala ang urn ay lumapit siya kay Auri na masayang kausap ang kapatid nitong si Prius.

"Baby, we should already pour the ashes, don't you think?" Tumabi siya sa sofa na kinauupuan nito matapos ilapag sa mesa ang urn.

"Later, Rage. I'm still eating this kiwi." Sagot nito saka iniumang sa kanya ang isang slice ng prutas na binalatan at hiniwa ni Prius.