Chapter 7: First Mission!

2 hours had passed since you had arrived back at headquarters and passed out. It was now 10 AM.

Your eyes slowly begin to open. You look around for a while, observing your surroundings, then sit up on the bed you were laying on.

"Where am I?", you ask yourself, "what happened?"

You suddenly remember exactly what had happened. Daisy had made you jog to the capital and back with her on your back.

You quickly check your body for injuries, and to your surprise - there weren't any.

"Maybe that was all a dream", you say to yourself, "one hell of a dream."

You stand up from the bed, feeling much lighter than usual, as if removing something off your back. Were you hallucinating or something. Everything just felt off.

Selena, another of your squad mates, walks into the room with a clipboard and a piece of paper and says, "Ah, I see you've finally woken up Y/N."

You nod as you come to the realisation that it wasn't a dream.

"So Y/N, how are you feeling?", Selena asks.

"I'm feeling alright", you reply. "If anything, I feel even better than before."

As you say this, Daisy enters the room, yawning, and says, "I bet you didn't think my training would be as beneficial as it was."

You look at her with a confused expression, then begin to jump around, shaking every part of your body, and you certainly felt a lot lighter. Your arms somehow felt easier to use as if they weren't already easy to use. Your legs felt stronger and more powerful than ever, which made it feel like you were walking on clouds. This truly was amazing.

"Teehee", Daisy says with smile, "how does your first step to becoming a legendary swordsman feel?"

"Are you sure that you're the reason I feel like this?", you ask, ignoring her question.

"O-of course I am!", Daisy replies, looking upset.

"Surely not", you say in disbelief, looking over at Selena. "It must have been your help Selena, right?"

Selena shakes her head, telling you that all she did was heal you using some potions. You look back at Daisy who still looks upset. You give her a pat on the head and thank her.

"Your not mad?", she asks.

"Why would I be?", you reply.

"I just thought all the hard work I put you through would make you angry", she says.

"Don't forget all the mental and physical abuse too", you add.

Daisy looks away and begins to whistle awkwardly. Selena giggles at this, then says, "Well if everything's ok Y/N, I guess I'll be leaving for my mission."

Both you and Daisy wave as she leaves the room and gets prepared for her mission. As soon as she leaves, Sol rushes into the room.

"Y-Y/N, is everything alright?", she asks.

"Yeah, it's all good", you reply. It felt as if you hadn't spoken with her for ages now.

Sol let out a huge sigh of relief, happy that you're ok. She then spots Daisy in the room and asks her what she was doing here. Daisy smiles then puts her arm around you.

"Just had to make sure my dear student was doing alright", she replies. "Isn't that right Y/N?"

Sol looks at you two, clearly jealous, before she hears a voice say, "Come on Sol, we have to get going already!" It turns out that Sol has a mission with Selena.