The Date

I close the car door and nervously pull on my clothes. I was on our driveway, our house few steps away. I reminded myself not to clutch the flowers too tightly which I has picked up on the way home. 

Pull yourself together, I said to myself. 

Taking a deep breath, I walk to the house and ring the bell. Ru opened it. I tried to smile at her but honestly, I was so nervous, I don't think I did a very good job at it. She looked at the flowers in my hand and smirked. 

"Shut up" I muttered and walked inside. 

"She's in her room" I heard Ru say. 

I nodded and started walking. 

"Hey" Ru called out. 

I turned back to see her still smirking and she said "good luck". 

I rolled my eyes, thinking she was teasing me about the date and walked to the room. I hesitantly put my hand on the handle and released a deep breath before pushing the door open.

 And stopped short at the sight before. 

There she was, Seema, standing in the middle of the room, looking absolutely gorgeous. She slowly walked towards me and my body heated up at the not so innocent thoughts.

"Hi" she smiled, nervous. 

I tried to speak but it was like I had no air inside me. 

"Breathe" she whispered, putting her hand on my forearm. 

It was as if my body was waiting for her command and I deflated like a popped balloon. 

"Breathe" she whispered again, running her hand up and down my arm. 

"You look absolutely stunning" I said, and stood like an idiot just staring at her. 

"Thank you" she smiled shyly. 

"Are those for me?" she said, nodding towards the flowers in my hand. 

"Yes", I said, pulling myself together. 

I gave her flowers and the smile I got in return was enough to make me breathless again. 

"Thank you. They're beautiful" she said, sniffing them. 

"Are you ready to go?" I asked because other wise I'd spend entire day just looking at her. 

"Yes" she said, straightened her back and said, "Let me put these in a vase". 

I trailed after her like a lost puppy. 

Ru was at the kitchen, smiling happily. We both watched Seema place the flowers and then Seema turned. 

"Ready?" she asked. 

"Yes" I said, determined. 

We talked together and we heard Ru say, "Have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do" and I didn't have to look at Seema to know she was blushing. I just shook my head and walked out of the door. 

The silence inside the car was painful, or rather, full of nerves. Her or mine, I didn't know, or maybe it was us both. 

"Where are we going?" she asked, after few minutes. 

"You'll see" I said, smiling at her. 

She didn't say anything, just smiled and looked outside the window. 

She looked at me in surprise or maybe a tiniest bit of judgement when I pulled in the driveway of my office. It was after work hour so, it was just us. No one else was there.