Trust Your Instincts

• • • ▫ ▢ ▫ • • •

It was the weekend, and Jin has locked himself up at home ever since Jimin revealed to him about the possible thoughts behind the care package.

Despite the younger laughing at his face and telling him how the alpha next door wanted to court him, his mind could not wrap around the fact that the lone wolf, who was a very independent person, would be courting anyone, let alone him.

He did not seem the type of person who would follow cultural norms and court someone immediately after their first meeting. Maybe, just like him, the alpha would prefer dating first, and then maybe get married and mate. Maybe.

Besides, he did not seem interested in Jin, and the man was pregnant.

Pregnant! Prrrrregnant-

With someone else's child!

Why would he... want him?!

Maybe that's why. Maybe because the alpha was not one to stick to stereotypical cultural traditions, he probably was not aware of the meaning. He just wanted to gift him something that would bring comfort, and the blanket was a good choice.

Yes!

That must be it!

Still, it does not escape the fact that Seokjin was now, still, in emotional turmoil.

Jimin, upon the omega's insistence, left the next night. He went to work for a few hours, but came back to Jin's place to help him cook and eat. Jimin had something important to take care of, and the elder wanted the younger to get some and rest well for the following day.

When the beta seemed to steady himself with a good reason, Jin brought up one of his wildcards.

The cat.

Mew.

Mew was a rescue cat. Jimin took her in to be his emotional support animal sometime in his last year of university. She is well behaved and seemed aloof, but only to Jimin will she meow for attention. And it would be worse if he had not been with her for long. A lot of the sleepovers would include Mew to join, else he would be going home to a sulking and crying cat.

Since it was sudden that he decided to stay with Jin, Jimin made sure his cat was fed by an ex-roommate of his, and thanks to Mew, said ex-roommate got himself his own kitten.

That was days ago, and with the beta gone – of course, checking up on him occasionally – Jin felt the slight loneliness creeping back in him.

Jimin had mentioned that he scented his clothes that were in the guest room, in case Jin wanted to nest again, to which said elder brushed it off saying that he was not the type to be nesting all the time.