56. Mirror Game

Lily's POV:

I began to shake my leg while looking at James drink his pumpkin juice.

It was our lunch break and we finished early. So we were killing time in the common room.

"So..." I cleared my throat to get his attention, "I had a thought-"

"Oh no."

"I swear it's a good one this time!"

He sighed and got up from the floor to sit next to me. "Go on."

I bit inside my lip and planned the right words in my head before saying them. "It's been two weeks since we found out about Nico and Teddy, right?" He nodded. "And... I tried to ask him more about their relationship but he is not telling me anything!"

"And what are you planning to do about that?"

I lowered my voice. "To- to follow them? They are going to Hogsmeade this-"

"You want to spy them?" James' loud voice made me jump.

"I'm his best friend! We tell each other everything! I, for example, told him about us first. But he isn't giving me any information about his date!"

He looked at me for a long time. "Never mind, that sound fun. I'm in."

I smiled and did a high five with him. "Okay, great. I need you to be ready on Saturday exactly at 10 am. We're going to Hogsmeade."

******

After dinner, I was helping Fred his Potions homework.

"Come on, Freddie." I sighed and grabbed his homework one more time. "Look, I told you I would help you out. But that doesn't mean that I will do everything for you. You have to find a way to learn this on your own."

"I know, I know." He opened a random page from his book and started skimming the paragraphs. "It's just so confusing and boring."

"That's how all the lessons are." I looked over to the sofa and realized James was listening to us. "Muggle studies, math, potions, DADA, herbology, astronomy, transfigurations, charms, history of magic... you want me to go on?"

He stood up and sat across from us.

"Can I help you, James?"

He looked at the open books in front of us and nodded. "Actually." He got up again and walked over to the bookshelf. He got a thick brown book and opened a random page. "I don't understand this."

"Well, you help him, and I will go find Alice to help me study." Fred closed his book and put it to his bag.

"What?" I looked at him. "We weren't even done studying?"

"Yeah, but..." He touched the beck of his neck and sighed. "I kind of also want to go to the kitchen. For a small snack break."

I shook my head left and right and leaned my back on the chair. "Fine. But next time, you're going to take this more seriously."

He smiled and left the common room.

I looked at James and showed him the empty chair next to me. "I'm all yours sir."

He raised his eyebrow at me with a smirk and sat down.

"How can I help you?" I grabbed the book from his hand and read the title of it.

"It's about potions." He quickly answered.

"Okay? What part do you not understand?"

He looked at the page and looked back at me. "I don't understand any of this."