10

It's 6:30 am.

After begging Hayul to let me know the hour so I could sleep more, I ended up waking up earlier than ever, because I was excited about the box and the phone. I hate myself.

I kept peeking out the window to see if the delivery car had arrived. I did this for at least 8 times, untill I finally recognized the logo and so flew out the couch and out the cabin to go pick the box.

I thanked the staff member for the box, and with the biggest smile turned around to go back to the cabin.

"Sam?"

"H-Hayul??" I flinched, almost dropping the box. It was too big to hide it, so I just had to keep it cool.

"It's 7 am! Why are you up?"

"I..I had to pick this up!" I signaled the box. She crossed her arms and eyed me suspiciously.

"Let me understand. So you threw a tantrum last night because you wanted to sleep more and today you're up earlier than ever?"

"I'm sorry, I forgot I had to receive this" which is a lie. Manager nim-told me the box would be arriving later today. I just woke up because I was anxious.

"Right...so what's in the box?" She came closer to see. I gave one step back, nervous. "Uh noodles"

"Noodles?"

"Y-yeah"

"You're such a terrible liar"

"Yeah you told me that" I sighed. "Anyway, I'll just go drop this and come back. Did you speak with the admin?"

"I just did, yeah. we don't have to clean the canteen today, so you could have slept till 9:30" she chuckled. "Wanna go grab some breakfast?"

"Uh, sure. Where?"

"Can't you see all these restaurants?" She pointed to the mountain.

"Very funny"

"I meant to my cabin." She turned around already leaving. I don't know why I easily agreed to go to her cabin and have breakfast. Since last night I can't stop feeling funny about her.. I can't start liking this girl, I seriously can't.

I quickly went back to my cabin and dropped the box near my bed, and went back outside to catch her up. I wanted to give her the phone as soon as possible, but I didn't want to seem desperate, she'd just think I'm a weirdo.

We got to her cabin, she got in first. It was very clean and organized, bigger than mine, which I can't complain about, she does a lot around here so she deserves it.

"No fair, you have a TV?"

"I brought it" she chuckled. "I didn't have one and I was dead bored during free time."

"Oh, I see."

"You can sit there, I'll start preparing breakfast. Do you like spicy?"

"I can handle it, yeah. Do you want me to help instead?"

"Sure, help me by sitting there." She pointed to the couch with a wooden spoon.

"I know how to cook, you know? I can help"

"You're a guest, guests don't cook."

"Pfff. Fine. But if you need hel-"

"Sit down already"

"Okay okay" I raised my palms and sat before she hit me with that spoon.

"Can you turn on the TV please?" She asked. I nodded and grabbed the remote, turning it on. For my bad luck, they were transmitting a comercial about the competition, like a preview.

I got horribly nervous, but they edited me out almost completely. They were actually promoting the next episode, which is in a few more days, I had forgotten about it. Chan told me before that they were working really hard on a mix of two songs, I have no doubt it'll be amazing. It still hurts me I can't be there, but again, I deserve this.

Not long after, it started to smell incredible. Hayul placed everything on the table, she didn't let me help at all. The day was a bit cold and cloudy, so warm food was the best.

"Wow, it's delicious!"

"Thanks" she chuckled.

"No, for real! Everything is delicious."

"I'm glad you enjoy it. Take it as a thank you for yesterday." She smiled and kept eating. I stopped chewing for a second and stared at her. Why is she suddenly making my heart flutter? I lowered my eyes and kept eating.

"You don't have to thank me. Any time you need it, just tell me"

"Thanks Sam"

I feel horrible actually, I'm being dishonest with her.

What am I even saying? I won't be here forever, I'll eventually go back, she'd probably forget about me by then. Who knows how many people come to do voluntary job here with her.

After having breakfast, she let me do the dishes while she cleaned up the table, but I had to literally beg her to let me.