Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 48. THE WALK OF SHAME

MARATHON UPDATE TIME

(48)

RAQUEL

"Raquel," shoulder shake. "Raquel!"

Being violently shaken brings me from the world of unconsciousness back to life.

"Raquel!" a demanding whisper reaches my ears, but I don't want to open my eyes. "For God's sake, wake up!"

I squint, closing the other as I get used to the light. A figure is leaning over me.

"What..." a hand covers my mouth and I slowly blink, trying to see who is almost on top of me.

Black hair falling on the sides of her face...

Dani.

"Shhh! I need you to get up very carefully."

I give her a "but-what-the-fuck-is-going-on" look, even though she looks desperate.

"I'll explain later, but I need you to get up carefully and be quiet."

"Wait a second, first of all. Where the fuck are we?"

Last night...

My mind flashes through a series of images that are too embarrassing: margaritas, vodka, dancing on top of the club table, Gregory stripping, Ares and I kissing in front of everyone, Dani and Apolo giving each other "be-careful-or-else-i-will-fuck-you-tonight" glances.

Oh, Virgin of Abs, I'm going to hell.

Basically, I committed too many sins in one night. And not only that, we had to come by taxi to Marco's house, which was the only house without adult supervision. More alcohol, even more stripper shows, even more sexual glances between Apolo and Dani, and even more kisses between me and Ares.

Dani releases my mouth and I sit up, because my stomach churns and my head throbs.

"What's wrong?" My throat burns, dry, hurt by so much alcohol.

Dani raises her index finger to her lips and gestures to my side. Ares is sleeping next to me, lying on his stomach, his head facing away from us. The sheet up to a little above his waist, he's shirtless, his tattoo is visible and that messy black hair points everywhere.

God, waking up next to such a man has to be a privilege, I may be spending all the luck of my life with this guy, but it's worth it.

Dani brings me back to reality, shaking her hand in front of my face.

Carefully, I stand up, the mattress creaks and we both look at the Greek god, but he is in the afterworld. I get a little dizzy, Dani holds me up waiting for me to steady myself.

I won't be drinking ever again.

I know, I said that last time.

Alcohol is like an ex you haven't gotten over, you promise not to fall again, never to try it again, but it seduces you and you end up back where you started.

I look for the heels I was wearing last night, which are lying in the corner of the room, and a memory comes to mind:

"Spell me, witch!" Ares shouts, as we awkwardly enter the room. He grabs me by the waist to kiss me lightly.

I let out a chuckle.

"You are so drunk."

He looks so cute with his red cheeks and narrowed eyes.

Ares points his finger at me.

"You are not the embodiment of sobriety either."

"Wow... Embodiment. How does your intoxicated brain manage to say words like that?"