xviii

Vishnu slammed his head against the wall, making him scream in pain. He grabbed him by the collar and turned him around, "Call him."

The man was silent and Vishnu snapped, "Watha koppdra avana!"

(Call him right fucking now.)

The man shook his head, and fell silent. Vishnu punched his left side, making him cough and fall to the floor. He crouched down to look at him. Raman, local drug dealer, and apparent recent contact of Karthik. The feelers he had put out reported to gim that they say Raman meet Karthik almost 3 times.

Vishnu was growing frustrated with each moment. He picked him up by the collar and threw him onto the chair. "Inga paar, naa unnaku 5 minutes time tharan. Call him and set up a meeting. Illana drug trafficking case la 10 varusham ulla ponum paravalaya?"

(Listen I'm giving you five minutes. Call him and set up a meeting. Or else, I'll bring up your drug trafficking case and you'll be behind bars for 10 years.)

The man was silent and looked at Vishnu carefully.

"Don't forget, unnoda entire load um en kaiyala than iruku."

(Don't forget, your entire load is under my control.)

Raman stared at him. Few moments later he said, "Naa avana direct ah meet panathila."

(I've never met him directly.)

"Aparam eppadi meet panuvinga?"

(Then how do you meet?)

Raman shivered in fear, "Avan oru aala anupuvan, naanga deal pesipom. Burner phone la ennaku enga eppo meet pananumnu text varum, appo naanga meet panuvom."

(He'll send one of his men. I'll get the details of the meeting in a burner phone.)

Vishnu plopped down into the chair, "Appo unnala avana koopda mudiyatha?"

(So you can't contact him?)

Raman hesitated. Vishnu narrowed his eyes at him and said, "Raman, un drugs en kaiyala iruku."

(Raman, I have your drugs.)

Raman shook his head and said, "Illa! illa! Athellam vendam. Naa solren."

(No! no. Ill tell you.)

He took a deep breath, "Naa avanku text panren."

(I'll text him.)

Vishnu nodded, and signalled for Ram to bring him his mobile. Few moments later, he gave him the mobile and watched as he texted the person.
The room was silent for a moment before a small bell noise came about. Raman read it and said,

"Tomorrow meet panna ready."

(He's meeting us tomorrow.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sivaangi slumped into the chair tiredly. It had been such a long day, and all she wanted to was sleep it off.

"Room la thoongara, inga vanthu thoongara."

(You sleep in your room and here as well.)

She opened an eye to see Pugazh Anna standing ij front of her. She mumbled tiredly telling him to go away.

"Naa vantha kooda ezhunthuka maatiya?", a familiar voice called. Recognising the voice she snapped her eyes open.

(Won't you wake up to see me?)