Chapter 53

Yeri's Powers – Water Manipulation, Psychic

~~~~~~~~

Back at the Royal Castle, Professor Du walked back and forth, biting her lips as a train of dreadful thoughts entered her mind.

Everyone else was either looking out from the transparent barrier, trying to catch a look of the enemy or sitting in a corner, crying.

It was absolute bullshit.

The shit that they were going through right now was bullshit.

They had been attacked in the most protected and safeguarded place in all of Majestia. A place where they were promised vacation, happy times and relaxation. Now, as they all felt a cloth of desperation and sadness cover their minds and body, they realized none of those things was true.

It was a crazy situation.

How did they even get here? In a span of just a few seconds something so disastrous had happened.

The teachers tried to reach someone from inside the Palace, anyone. The guards, the servants, the chefs any one of the Chamberlains, yet nothing was of use. It was like the attackers had completely cut off any sort of contact with the outside world.

The nurses healed the ones wounded from the attacks, they all patiently waited for Hoseok's return and watched as slowly both Yoongi, Jisoo, and Jin lost more and more of their stamina trying to keep each other alive.

Jisoo was now sitting on the floor, her face pale and sweat dripping down her forehead. She had her eyes closed and was breathing very slowly. A nurse stood behind her, her hands on her back as she tried her best to supply her with some healing aids. Yoongi too was out of it. His eyes were shut and his hands grabbed Jin's shoulders so tightly you wondered how he hadn't broken them yet. Despite the other two's condition, Jin looked relatively okay. He was breathing normally and looked a lot healthier than when he had the first cast the spell. But no one was sure how much longer either of them would last.

Jungkook noticed a saddened Lisa sitting down with her back on the barrier wall. She was in her pyjamas, her hair a frizzy mess and her head hung so low. He gently sat down beside her, turning to take a quick peek at her.

He wanted to somehow make her feel better, but he didn't know how to. The predicament was so fatal and dire, what could he possibly say that would make her worries go away?

And so, both of them were unable to speak a word, they sat there in the silence, numb to everything around them.

His presence alone brought some sort of peace to her mind. That didn't mean she wasn't scared or worried for her friends but it was nice to have him around for reassurance that not everything was lost. There was hope. Something could happen and they could all miraculously be freed. Hope was there.

Feeling a rush of emotions, she couldn't keep her thoughts to herself. She noticed how easy it was for her to talk to him, to tell him about her problems, to vent to him, to express her feelings. He was so easy to talk to. He was so soft and non-judgemental, he always listened and he always comforted you. He was an amazing listener.

"I think Professor Dill might be behind this attack." She confessed, her voice low as to not disturb anyone else.

Jungkook didn't form a reaction, he sat there, his eyes lingering up to the sky. "What makes you say that?" He simply questioned.

"Who else could it be? Who else could be powerful enough to scheme all of this?"

"But what reason could he have?'