Chapter 51 ~ New York

I squeeze Blazes' hand a little harder as the plane hits the tarmac, he only chuckles at my muscles reaction knowing I'm a nervous flyer

I squeeze Blazes' hand a little harder as the plane hits the tarmac, he only chuckles at my muscles reaction knowing I'm a nervous flyer. I've only been on a plane once and that was from Illinois to Atlanta- it was a long while ago too so this is... freaky. We're in a metal box that manages to stay in the air... uh I'm not great at science but what...

Gemma and Helen sit in the centre row of seats across from Blaze and I, Gemma bounces up and down in her seat restless, urging to remove her seatbelt and Helen tries to keep her seated until the plane stops. I turn to look at Blaze, he's looking distantly out of the small frosted window, his jaw set in a hard line and posture tight. His eyes are cold and fixed on the airport approaching on the horizon.

A surge of guilt washes through me, I feel fricking awful I had to bring him back to the one place he hates the most. Where everything he's longed to rid will follow him around for the next week.

"Hey. Blondie." He squeezes my hand drawing my attention back to his weak attempt at a smile, worry and frustration coat his bottom lip as it juts out, "This is about you, not me. I wouldn't have come if I didn't want to." He kisses me softly as the plane rolls to a complete stop. He doesn't want to be here and anyone can see it but he does want to be here for me and everyone can see that too, I still feel conflicted.

After we trudge through passport control and collect our luggage Blazes mom leads us all out of the terminal, Gemma holds my hand swinging it about as we pass other travellers being careful she doesn't accidentally knock into one in her excited haste. Blaze holds my other hand purposely rendering me of any available limbs to carry my own luggage.

I glare at him, he smugly wheels our cases around by our ankles and winks at me- cocky shit. We step outside into the crisp winters air, my body already shrinking back into my camel peacoat. Even though Atlanta Is cold this time of year New York is fricking freezing. So much so, little flecks of white land all around me, my eyes adjusting to the snowy landscape before me.

Snowflakes land on my cheeks biting a hello and flurry into my hair making it puff. It's fricking snowing! I'm in New York and it's snowing!

Yellow Taxis with a dusting of white sit in a row, shuffling forward every few seconds and busy commuters with coffees steaming into the air, wrapped up with leather gloves and thick black scarves climb into the backs of them, often talking to their phones. I feel like I've stepped into the second home alone film.

Blaze gives my hand a gentle tug towards a yellow Taxi Helen is already climbing into, she sits in the front and I climb into the middle backseat after Gemma. Blaze barely fits in and just manages to close the door before the driver scurries away from the curb and flees into the lanes of New York traffic. Gem and I laughing at how squished Blaze looks. He offers twice for me to sit on his lap and if it wasn't illegal I probably would but the driver's already shot us several unimpressed eyerolls in the review mirror when Blaze starts flirting with me. His mom tries to hide her grin but she's not as convincing.