Chapter 5: Dinner

Third POV:

The delivery guy just delivered the ten pizzas and y/n could see the weird look he gave her as she signed the check. She just gave an awkward smile and proceeded to close the door. She came back into the kitchen to join everyone who had already changed and set the boxes down before taking out the plates and allowing them to dig in.

"Thank you for your hospitality." Iida bowed once more before eating.

"No problem and no need to bow, that isn't something we do here."

He nodded and continued eating when Kirishima joined in.

"So, what exactly goes on around here if there aren't any heroes?"

This got pretty much everyone's attention while y/n stopped her eating to answer.

"Not much has been going on for about the past year as pretty much everything has been under lockdown due to a worldwide pandemic. Things are just starting to open up again. The most that I've done this year is struggle with doing school completely online and missing my friends."

That seemed to grasp their attention.

"I'm sorry what?!" Kirishima shouted

"Yeah, well I've never had the virus and I'm already vaccinated. I don't know how much we will be needing to go out now but I recommend you guys wear masks because you can't get vaccinations without a form of ID. But I wouldn't worry too much. Usually, the people who die are older or have preexisting conditions. All of you guys are more than healthy so even if you get it, you'll survive."

"Damn right I'll survive. I'm not letting some puny virus beat me." Bakugo scoffed.

"What do you mean by saying online school?" Midoriya spoke up somewhat ignoring his childhood friend.

"Because of the virus, schools were closed starting at the beginning of last year. When school started again last fall, you had a choice of either going to school or staying home. My parents chose to keep me at home so I wouldn't put them or my grandma at risk."

"Cool, so you didn't have to go to school for a year?"

"Not really Kirishima, I still had school, I just would watch from my laptop and turned in the assignments online. But most of the time I would just mute my computer and go on my phone." I chuckled at the last part.

"It is not very respectful or responsible to mute and ignore your classes. Every student should pay attention and be diligent in their schoolwork to make sure they are able to achieve their highest potential." Iida chopped at me.

"Yeah well it's whatever." y/n shrugged and went back to eating.

"What was it like doing your schooling from home?" Momo asked ever so nicely.

"Pretty boring, and a pain in the ass." She shrugged off.

'It's not like there really was much to do. All I ever did that year was stress over school and watch anime and read fanfiction. But I would die before I ever let them find out about the romance and xreader stories I have read about them.' y/n thought.

"I wish I could stay at home to do school, although I would miss my friends. Right Bakugo." Kirishima said while elbowing Katsuki in the side.

"I DON'T HAVE FRIENDS SHITTY HAIR!"

"Clam down Kacchan," Midoriya said sheepishly while Kirishima just laughed it off.

"SHUT UP DEKU!"

At that, y/n just started laughing. Everyone turned to look at her while Bakugo was just steaming.

"WHAT IS SO FUNNY STUPID EXTRA?!"

"N-nothing i-it's just, that is hilarious to actually hear in person." She laughed, even more, struggling to not fall out of her chair.

At this, they all looked at her like she was crazy. She calmed herself down and tried to explain further.

"Well, Bakugo has a tendency of saying it a lot and it's pretty popular to have him screaming at Midoriya in the show. Sorry Midoriya but it's kind of funny how scared you are of a guy who looks like an angry Pomeranian."

She started laughing again while the others seemed to either smile or chuckle. Meanwhile, Midoriya was shaking in fear of said Pomeranian who was more pissed than usual.

"I AM NOT A DAMN DOG!"

"Well, you do act like a bitch, so I think its fitting." y/n smirked back at him

It took everyone's full strength to hold him back from full on merking her, plus Todoroki freezing him to his chair.

It took a while for everything to calm down, but they did end up continuing eating and finally finished their meal.

Time Skip~

Momo was able to create toothbrushes and extra essentials for everyone before they went to bed. No one ended up sharing beds, with Iida and Kirishima offered to take the couches, one in the living room and the other in the kitchen area. Bakugo and Midoriya each took a twin bed. Todoroki got the queen and Momo got the king bed (obviously). Before they all left to their rooms, y/n made sure they knew where the bathrooms were and gave them each water for the night.

"Alright good night everyone." She nodded to them all

"Also, don't outside to use your quirks, if any of my neighbors see, I don't want to think of what would happen or how I would explain that."

They all nodded, saying goodnight back, and went to their rooms for the night.

Y/n went to feed her dog and make sure he had enough in his bowl for tomorrow morning as well and made sure the doggy door was open so she didn't have to worry. After patting his head and saying goodnight to him, she went back into her own room.

Right when y/n closed her door. She slipped down and buried her head in her hands. 'What the fuck am I gonna do with all of them?'

She crawled into her bed and just stared at the ceiling not knowing what to do. There were a million questions running through her head as well as a million worries.

'What if they didn't get back before my parents came home? What am I going to tell my parents? Would they get caught using their quirks? Do the people in their dimension know what happened? Are they coming to save them? Will villains randomly show up? How the actual fuck am I going to pay for all their food?!'

Eventually, she was able to shake off some of her anxieties about the situation and pulled her laptop in place in front of her. She connected her headphones to her computer before watching some murder documentaries, trying to get her mind off of the six U.A. students sleeping in her house at the moment. 

This is also kind of a filler just because I want them to know about covid.

It will get better in time and sorry if this is also a bit short. 

Thanks for reading 😊

Word Count: 1124

Date Published: 7/23/2021