Bad decision

Griffin had asked Dixie to go for coffee. After seeing her at the airport he wanted to make plans and catch up.

"Hey." Griffin said hugging her.

"Long time no see."

"It has been a while hasn't it."

"I've missed you how have you been."

"I've been good, busy though. I have so much going on right now."

"That's good right. You always loved staying busy."

"That I do."

Dixie laughed as they both walked into a coffee shop Dixie found for them because she didn't want to see anyone she knew at the one Addison worked at.

They grabbed their coffees walking out of the place in unison.

"Want to go to a park?"

Dixie asked as they stepped into the San Francisco sun.

"Yes I heard the one on Brooke street was just re done."

"Okay that's not far from here we can walk."

"Yea, so how have you been."

"Good, I've been working a lot on my mental health, trying to cut out toxic people all that good stuff."

"That's great, I think in some way I'm doing the same, more finding people that I can trust and rely on at all times. Like finding my ride or dies."

"Noah was talking about something like that the other day, about finding people you don't think twice about when it comes to you being in danger and needed help."

"Is that the guy you were with?"

"Uh yea, Noah the one I talked about when I called you that one time."

"Yes yes I love my drunk Dixie phone calls."

"Yea I don't know I think things have been kind of off with us lately."

They found a nearby bench in the park and took a seat.

"Really how come, is everything okay?"

"Yea I don't know I just feel like we're drifting apart."

"That's not good."

"Like every thing I try to explain or bring up about our relationship is just put down by something that doesn't even have as much value as us."

"Do you think you did something wrong that spiked that kind of behavior from him?"

"That's what I don't know. I mean I don't think it's me that's burning the bridges but I could have trigged something."

"Dixie maybe you just need to sit and talk to him. Let him know how your feeling, why your feeling that way and give him ways he can as well as the two of you as a couple fix what is going on."

"Ok."

"If that doesn't work maybe try something like therapy that always helps."

"Oh yea I meant to tell you I went back to see Charly. I always loved her service."

"Yea maybe try taking him to one of your sessions, I sure you talk a lot about him as it is."

"Thank you Griffin."

"Anytime, and Dix if he can't see your true potential he's not the guy for you."

"Your so good at this, at making people rethink bad decisions."

"I get it from the best."

"You did not get that from me I'm terrible at advice."

"No your not Dixie."

She was looking at him. She didn't know what ran over her, whos blood she took when she pressed her lips to hers. Not even realizing the action until Grif pushed her off with pressure.

"Dixie."

"Oh shit oh shit I'm so sorry I should—"

"No it's okay Dixie look okay I—"

"Why the fuck would I do that omg."

"Dixie I'm sorry I meant to tell you I had a girlfriend."

"Wait what u have a— I'm sorry I have to go."

Noah walked home quietly that night water hitting his sweater as it fell from the tips of his eyelashes. He didn't know what to do with himself, he had just saw his girlfriend kiss her ex husband and he didn't know how to feel.