09: baking together

He moved his hand to the back of your nape and pushed your head forward. His lips left your skin and landed on yours.

You tasted a hint of the sweet cookie dough in the kiss which made it even better. You wrapped your arms around his neck and moved closer.

He kissed you harder and kept you in place with a firm grip on your neck. His other hand found it's way to your left side and rested on your hip.

The immense desire and feeling of longing for each other after all the time that has passed increased with every second that your lips stayed in contact and hungrily moved in sync.

He then passed his hand further down your left side and slipped it under the hem of your loose shirt.

Your heart skipped a beat when his fingers came in touch with your skin. Only the slightest touch sent a rush of adrenaline through your veins and your breathing increased.

It reminded you of everything you ever did together, of every moment you were intimate when only you mattered.

Skin on skin, body on body, all those memories resurfaced and flooded your mind.

He gently brushed his finger tips over your skin from your stomach to your back while his lips were still caressing yours. It was like you were back in heaven, like his touch sent you right back there.

You wanted to keep going, you wanted to feel his hands all over you.

But you weren't ready, not yet. You couldn't give yourself fully away yet. There still wasn't enough trust.

His hand reached the closure of your bra and you pulled back. This was your queue to stop. You had to wait longer. It was better for the both of you.

"Let's... let's stop it here", you said letting your hands slide from his neck down his arms and leaned back.

You were a little out of breath and your cheeks were probably red too but it didn't matter how you looked. Not with him.

He gave you a small smile and nodded.

"Okay, no problem. You're right, we should take it slow", he said pecking your lips once more, "now let's put these cookies into the oven. They taste good, now they only need to be baked."

"Yep, they really taste good", you agreed smiling sheepishly remembering how he tasted on your tongue. He winked at you and offered you a hand to help you hop off the counter.

You finished baking the cookies without any other incidents, just a few pecks and flirts here and there. It was refreshing and fizzy how the tension kept building up between you but also how you seemed to grow closer so easily.

You remembered how it used to be. And it wasn't hard to be just like that again.

You just had to go with the flow and trust the time to bring you back together and heal the wounds.

The next day you woke up on the bed right next to Jungkook. You blinked and looked at his sleepy figure lying entangled in the sheets next to you.

A small smile formed on your lips and you shook your head in disbelief. Not even one week back home and you had already got on a roller coaster ride you didn't want to end. Ever.

It wasn't weird to share a bed with him after all. It was big enough for each of you to have your personal space.

After a good night kiss you didn't touch each other anymore and just went to sleep. Waking up next to him only felt familiar, not awkward.

The opposite, it was great to see his ruffled hair and his cute pout while dozing again.

"Good morning, babe", he said in his raspy morning voice and rubbed his eyes before he opened them, "you can stop staring now. It's creepy, you know."

You blushed because he had caught you and looked away.

"Good morning", you replied instead of acknowledging his snarky comment.

"Do you have any plans today?", he asked not hiding his complacent smile when he saw your tinted cheeks.

"Nope", you said after thinking about it for a short while.

It was Saturday, the sun was already shining into the room through the window and you had nothing planned today.

"Well, now you do", he said winking and pushed the sheets back to sit up and get out of the bed.

"And what plans, if you'd be so kind to share it with me?", you asked getting up too to stretch your body.

He stared at your body travelling his eyes down your bare legs which were on sight because you were only wearing a large shirt and panties underneath as a pyjamas.

"You know it should be illegal for you to look this hot in the morning. It's making it hard for me to get up", he said crunching his nose.

"Not my problem", you said shrugging and gave him a cheeky smile. You played it cool but your heart jumped due to his comment.

"Too bad for you. I'm not going to tell you about my plans for you today", he said returning the sassy attitude, "it's going to be a surprise."

"You know I don't like surprises", you whined following him into the bathroom to get ready.

"Not my problem", he imitated you making you smack his arm but also laugh.

It felt good to be so playful with him and have these short word fights to tease each other. It was the same energy as back then and you really enjoyed it.

"So what do I have to wear for 'your plans'?", you asked curiously.

"It's warm outside so just go for a dress or something like that", he suggested and you nodded.

And two hours later you sat in his car on the way to only Jungkook knows where. You were pretty excited although you did not know what was coming for you.

You were just glad you were here, right now in the same place as him. It spread a warmth from your heart throughout your whole body. You remembered very clearly when you first felt the very same feeling.

It was when you first realised how much he meant to you and how much you loved him.

When you first started to let yourself completely fall and trust him with your whole heart.

It could be scary and overwhelming but it mostly felt amazing and you were glad you were back on track to exactly that feeling. It's all you wanted and all you'd fight for.