January: Plans, Plans and More Plans

One of the great things about living in Florida during winter and even part of spring is that the weather is decent enough to build a home. So the top priority is deciding on a plan for the house.
Chris and Daphne have met with a top recommended builder and worked on choosing their dream home. They've looked at modern, farmhouse, ranch, two story, brick, etc and they've started to all run together.
Today is the deadline though. A choice has to be made or the schedule is going to be thrown off. Daphne goes straight to the firehouse when she leaves the school. As long as Chris doesn't get called out they're going to make their final decision on their forever home.
She parks her car and comes around to see the station doors are up. The closer she gets she hears, "if it isn't the future Mrs. Evans!" Daphne waves at Hayden as she gets closer. He pulls her into a hug. "How ya doin, Daph?"
"Stressed," she answers him as she returns his hug. "Whoever thought building a house and planning a wedding at the same time was insane."
"That would be you my love," Chris says as he comes from behind the truck.
Hayden slaps Chris on the back as he walks by. "We already know she's crazy. I mean she's marrying you old man!"
Chris laughs along with his partner as he reaches Daphne and gives her a simple peck on the lips. "How was your day?"
It hade been an interesting day for Daphne at school. She'd experienced some pain again but it was manageable so she didn't want to worry Chris. "It was alright. Nothing major to mention."
Chris takes the stack of house plans from Daphne's hands and leads her into the station kitchen. There's a large enough table they can use to spread all of the plans out. "How do you want to do this?" He asks for her preferred way of narrowing this down to one.
Daphne takes a deep breath in. "Let's start one at a time and try to eliminate." Chris nods his head and lays out the first plan.

  "Alright

"Alright. My biggest pro with this one is the wrap around porch," Daphne says.
"I agree. I'm not sure I like having a second story but this one also only has 3 bedrooms," Chris tells her.
Daphne wants a fourth bedroom to convert into an office. "Ok, that one is out then. Minimum 4 bedrooms is a must."
She rolls that plan up and pulls out the next one.

  "So this is the cottage style

"So this is the cottage style. But already I'm thinking no," Chris says.
"Why?" Daphne asks.
"Because you're getting some type of porch. There's no porch here," he replies. She knows he's been listening to her likes.
He rolls it up and places it with the other. "Okay, this one has the porch you like and vaulted ceilings in the living room."