42.

Song recommendation: New Romantics by Taylor Swift
-

"Ophelia." I felt a hand on my shoulder, shaking me to wake me up.

"Mhm?" I opened my eyes, letting myself process that it was Niall who was towering over me.

"Were you on my phone?" He looked at me in concern.

"What?" I sat up, feeling like I'd been hit by fifteen semi trucks.

"Were you snooping on my phone yesterday?" He asked in a harsher tone.

"I-" I tried to group my thoughts.

"Ophelia."

"I just went to turn it off, and I was curious what my contact name was so I looked at it." I told him.

"And you looked at my messages with my Mom?" He sounded exasperated.

"I saw my name! I was curious!" I defended.

"You had full power. You had the chance to look through everything on my phone and you decided to look at my texts with my Mother?" He shook his head with a laugh of disbelief.

"Yes! Because I trust you!" I shot back. "I didn't think you had anything to hide but now that we're having this conversation, I'm starting to doubt that!"

"So you really weren't trying to see if I was talking to other girls? You don't care about my camera roll or my Instagram DM's? I don't believe that for a second."

"No I don't care because I know that you love me!" I shook my head. "I've trusted very few people in my life and you, Niall Horan, happen to be one of those lucky bastards! If I were actually trying to snoop, I would've done a better job of hiding it! Also, I wouldn't be reading your texts with your Mom! I'd be trying to figure out what the fuck is putting you in such a foul mood!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." His jaw clenched.

"You're being so distant, so vague! I thought you were sick! Do you even realize how worried I am about you?" I stood up to shout at him. "I have one person in this world. I have one human that I would do absolutely anything for! When he's acting weird, I tend to get worried!"

"So you decided that going to work for five hours was the best way to help with that?" He countered.

"Oh my fucking god." I had to take a step back so I didn't start screaming in his face. "I have given you multiple opportunities to open up. I have shown you nothing but love these past few days. I figured that maybe you needed to be alone to regroup your thoughts. I am trying my best here Horan and you are making me feel like shit!"

"Hm." He replied simply, ending the conversation.

"Okay." I sighed sadly. He was going to be difficult again today. It was frustrating, but I guess I'd manage. "I'll be in the shower." I trudged towards the bathroom.

"Can I shave while you're in there?" He asked as I walked.

"You're shaving?" I looked at him. "I like your stubble."

"Well I'm sick of it." He shrugged.

"I guess you can come in." I rubbed my forehead, walking into the bathroom.

I had been planning on locking myself in the bathroom so that I could have a good cry, but I guess it was okay if Niall wanted to be in the same room as me. It would just be a little harder to keep my emotions together.

"You're wearing my shirt." He noticed as he followed me into the bathroom.

"Not anymore." I took it off swiftly, folding it, and placing it on the countertop.