Seventeen

"I don't want to do this," Steve said as he blocked Maggie's punches.

"Why do people keep trying to have meaningful conversations in times like these?!" Maggie cried. She wrapped herself around his back and knocked him to the floor, using her powers to send his shield flying into the air.

It hit Sam and she heard him groan in pain.

"Because we don't want to hurt you!" Steve grabbed her wrists and pulled the two of them to their feet. Maggie lifted a leg and put it on his thigh, using it as a boost to flip over.

As she did, she used her other foot to knock his chest back. She landed on her feet, using their still joined hands to take Steve down. She crossed them over and turned around again, pulling Steve towards her. He flipped over her back and landed on the floor. Maggie pinned his chest down with her entire body weight and sighed, blowing her hair out of her face.

"I went to see Johann and Katerina. I'm an aunt, apparently. Kid's cute. Bit too clingy for me, I think, but whatever," Maggie said.

"What did they say?" Steve winced slightly.

"Johann wants to be a family, Katerina hates my guts, the usual family reunion kind of shit," Maggie said.

"That's not good," Steve said.

"Eh, it's whatever," Maggie shrugged.

"And the Wanda thing?" he said.

"I told her I liked her, but then I pissed her off, so who knows?" Maggie said.

"Well, I know we're not on the same team but I am always gonna be uncle Steve. So, little Romanoff, I feel required to tell you that Wanda is making a beeline straight for you and she looks hella pissed," Steve said.

Maggie looked over her shoulder and winced as Wanda marched at her.

"Wait, who taught you hella?" Maggie looked back at Steve.

"Sam," Steve said.

"Right," Maggie nodded. She got to her feet and looked back at Wanda. "She's really mad," Maggie said.

Steve pat her shoulder.

"Yeah," he said. "Good luck," he added, darting off before Maggie could stop him.

"You're a tease!" Wanda yelled.

"I know, and I'm totally sorry, except that I'm kind of really not," Maggie shot her a grin before running away.

If she got Wanda away from the fight, it'd be better for everyone else. And less people would witness their flirting, so there was that component, too.

"Stop running! I'm wearing heeled boots!" Wanda yelled, catching Maggie on the top floor of the parking deck.

"That sounds like a you problem!" Maggie yelled back, climbing onto the wall of the parking deck.

"Are you gonna jump?!" Wanda cried. Maggie smirked at her, turning to face Wanda.

"You gonna catch me?" Maggie said.

"Don't you dare jump," Wanda warned her, stepping closer quickly. Maggie raised an eyebrow.

"I can fly, remember?" she said.

"Not very well. Your sense of direction is horrible," Wanda winced.

"Yeah, I know," Maggie frowned. "It's really bad," she said.

"Really bad," Wanda agreed.

"You didn't say it back, you know," Maggie said, stepping one foot over the metal railing on top of the wall.