Chapter 20

NAGMULAT NG mata si Sunset at umungol ng maramdaman ang panghihina ng katawan at sakit ng ulo niya.

Damn... looks like boozing has already taken the heck out of my body. She feels like she's been hit by a truck and her body couldn't even lift a leaf.

"You're awake." A low, hoarse voice spoke.

Lumingon siya at nakita niyang nakaupo si Ruckus sa isang upuan.

"You're home... Ruck..." She weakly spoke, offering a sad smile.

Ilang sandali itong tumitig sa kanya bago ito nagbuga ng marahan at tumayo. Lumipat ito para umupo sa tabi niya at hinaplos ang pisngi niya. Hindi niya mahulaan kung ano ang iniisip nito habang seryosong nakatingin sa kanya gamit ang malamlam nitong mga mata.

Sunset frowned. Those gray eyes looks soft, gone was their sharpness.

"Are you okay, mon chéri?" She asked, feeling worried all of the sudden.

Tumaas ang isang gilid ng labi nito bago sumagot. "I'm far from it, ma chérie but I can manage." He sighed. "How are you feeling? Are you hungry?"

Hindi niya pinansin ang tanong nito. "Where's Death? How is he? I'm sorry if I—"

Inilapat nito ang hinlalaki sa labi niya kaya't natigil siya sa pagsasalita. "He's sleeping. Now you tell me about you. What happened?" Tanong nito sa seryosong boses.

Sunset's lips pressed together, she reached for his wrist to remove his thumb from her lips and hold it, resting it on her stomach.

"What risks am I going to face if I tell you something? Would it compromise my freedom?"

"I promise you'll get your freedom whatever you tell me now."

Naramdaman ni Sunset na nagsasabi ang binata ng totoo kaya't napahinga siya ng malalim saka inangat ang sarili para sumandal sa headboard.

"Tell me," he urged when she stayed quiet after a while. He also moved to lean against the headboard beside her.

"I saw..." Sunset gulped and looked down, "my sister..."

"You have one?" He asked, tone even, without a hint of surprise.

Tumango si Sunset at pinaglaruan ang daliri ng binata habang hawak ang kamay nito.

"My twin to be exact," she informed and looked up to him.

The surprise that showed on Ruckus's face was not hard to miss but she ignore it and continue.

"I saw her two days ago. Looking vibrant, charming, and happy like often when we were together but," Sunset paused, smiling sadly, "she doesn't remember me. She just thought I was her look-a-like."

"I..." he drawled then blows a loud breath. "I expected that the data about you are not accurate so you having a sister is no surprise but, a twin? Damn, ma chérie, that's surprising. But," he paused, "why doesn't she remember you?"

Sunset shrugged and leaned on Ruckus' shoulder while they both stared at their intertwined hands, looking so perfect together in her eyes.

"You must be sad and hurt to know that your twin doesn't remember you. If twinie will forget about me I'll definitely go into rampage and smack his head to the hardest wall."

Mahinang natawa si Sunset. "You and your rough ways."

Natawa rin ito saka binawi ang kamay para akbayan siya pero agad din nitong hinawakan ang kamay niya gamit ang isa pa nitong kamay. Saka siya nito pinasandal sa dibdib nito.