Fifty-three

Omniscient

After Taj and Dalia left Imam sent his Alexander and his grandsons home. Malik was sitting on his grandfather's couch replaying the nights events. He couldn't help but to replay Ahsha's words again and again in his head. He hadn't realized he was crying until he felt the tears hit his bare hand.

"Malik?" Imam called. Malik wiped his face shaking his head as he stood. "I'm fine." He said with a soft sniff. "Malik—," "Is it okay if I stay the night?" He asked. "Yes of course." Imam said with the nod of his head. Malik gave a slight nod before leaving.
~~
Ares stared down at Nasir as he slept peacefully, seemingly unaffected at the loss of his mother. He was amazed at how Nasir looked just like Ahsha. "He's her twin." Ares heard Malik speak from behind him. Malik stood beside Ares as they looked down at him together in silence. "I think the mole is someone on our security team." Ares spoke.

"I thought the same thing." Malik said. "If we are going to go after Mira and the person helping her. I need you and Pablo to pull me back if I go too far. I am pure demon which means my bloodlust can be easily triggered." Ares said. "You have my word." Malik said. "I may try to kill you." Ares continued. "What else is new?" Malik asked causing Ares to chuckle. Their attention was drawn back to Nasir when he yawned. "He even has her eyes." Ares said as he reached down to run his hand.

Malik watched the interaction quietly before he spoke. "I'm going to head to bed." He said as he turned heading for the door.

Malik

"I need as many phones as possible. With all brand new numbers." I said into my phone. "Yes sir," Adam said. "I want eyes and ears on the Saleems." I said. "Do you mean protective deta—,"

"No this is a surveillance job. I want people on them around the clock. Same for my parents and brothers—Alexander. As well as Mira, the Lavallettes, and the Pereiras. I want all the gps's in every car that they use at the end of each day." I finished.

"Yes sir." He said. "And I expect the utmost discretion." I told him. "Of course, sir." Adam said. I hung up before tossing my phone on the other end of the bed. I laid back into my pillow as I stared up at the ceiling.

I knew I probably wouldn't be going to sleep anytime soon or at all. My mind was spinning. Taj was right my family, and I had far more enemies than friends and that was our own fault. We let our ambition and hunger for power drive us without thinking of the consequences that would pose later on.

And now we were paying the price as our family was crumbling from the inside. 'We didn't cause the discourse our family has, so stop being so tough on yourself.' Pablo said. "We may not have caused it but we added to it." I said. 'We—,'

"We did whatever we pleased. Tormenting people, stepping over friends and even other family to get to the top. We didn't cause it but we played a huge role in it and Ahsha and Nasir are paying the price for it." I explained. 'I—,' Pablo paused.

"I know it hurts. We wanted a mate so bad because we thought it was our right. None of us took a second to think if we deserved one. The men we were when we first met Ahsha was pathetic. Sometime I question why she was stuck with us." I said. "Its because her destiny is bigger than just being 'stuck with us' weren't you listening tonight." I looked at the door seeing Ares.

"But I do think part of her destiny was to reunite the three of us and help us settle our differences." He said. "Clearly she did something cause since when do you talk like this?" I asked. Ares chuckled as well as Pablo.

"I guess you could say death and Ahsha have changed my perspective on a lot of things. But you've changed too, both of you. Neither of you may see it but I do." Ares said. I nodded my head. "Thanks." I said. "Of course what are big brothers for." He smirked before walking out of the room. I rolled my eyes with a huff. "Big brother my ass." I mumbled.