Road Trip

Road Trip-Image of Jamie and Ian

        “Alright so are you going to tell me what you figured out or just eye that waitress?” I snapped angrily. We had been sitting in this diner outside of town for at least twenty minutes and he has told me nothing of what I was hoping to hear.

                “Someone’s grumpy.” He smirked while he took a sip of his drink.

                “Ian!” I growled. “I’m serious.” He sighed and leaned back in his seat. He shook his head and pulled out a folder. I don’t even know where that came from, he didn’t have a bag.

                “This is what I have so far.” He grumbled. “A buddy of mine spotted them about three days ago a couple of states over and I’ve been able to track their movements. He opened the folder and inside was a map. He unfolded the map onto the table and I raised my eyebrows in disbelief at the effort shown on the map. Places had been circles and marked. Notes were taken and pictures were organized.

                “I’m impressed.” I said.

                “What’s that supposed to me?” Ian glared at me as a smirk found its way onto my face.

                “I didn’t know you could do all of this. You know-with your low IQ and all.” I motioned towards the map. “Nice work, looks good.” I smiled sweetly.

                “Shut up.” He snapped rudely. “Anyway, it looks like they are going in like a pattern. This is the first place they were, North Carolina,” he points to the map, “And this is the most recent. The places marked in blue are places they went in between. So are you noticing the pattern?” He asked. My eyebrows furrowed and I turned the map slightly.

                “They’re heading south.” I mumbled.

                “Bingo!” He cheered sarcastically. “And that means where are they going next? Come on Jamie. You can do it.” He mimicked a teacher trying to urge a child to announce the answer. My foot automatically flew out and kicked him in the leg. “Ow!” The pain clearly shown on his face. I grinned with triumph and looked back at the map.

                “They’re going to Georgia.” I muttered to myself. Ian returned to normal and snatched the map away from me.

                “Exactly.” He sighed. I looked at the pictures taped to the map and one in specific caught my attention. It was of Damon. His arm was folded as he scratched his hair. His face was scrunched up but he still looked handsome as ever. He wore all black and on his arm there was a bandage.

                “Can I have this?” I asked Ian. He looked at the photo I was talking about and silently nodded. I peeled of the tape gently, hoping not to rip the map. Once it was off I examined the photo more.

                “You really like this guy don’t you?” Ian suddenly asked. I was shocked by the gentleness in his voice. It wasn’t like Ian to speak to me so kindly.

                “Don’t go soft on me now Ian.” I chuckled. He rolled his eyes and grinned but then looked back at me. His shoulders slumped and I leaned back in my seat and smiled tightly at him.

                “I used to hate you so much…” He trailed off. “I still do kind of. I mean I hate you less than I did before.” He smirked. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. “Sean was so caught up on you-still is. I didn’t like that back then-you know? I thought he just wanted to have sex with you and to get under his brother’s skin but no…he actually wanted you.”