11 | Initiation

Mateo's POV:

I stretch my cramped body, from the laying position I'd fallen asleep in last night.

My legs felt completely healed so I threw those crutches out the window.

I yawn, and stare at the sight of the gorgeous woman, laid on my chest. One hand over my heart, while the other wrapped around my naked torso.

I slowly get up, picking her bridal style along the way. She lightly moves, in my hold. But soon returns leaning further into my chest.

I carry her up the stairs without trying to wake her.

I've noticed that she's a light sleeper.

I open the bedroom door, just by pushing the door open slightly. Since I'd left it open the night before.

I place her on, her side of the bed. I couldn't resist planting a little kiss over her haired forehead.

I froze when I felt her move a little, worried she'd notice. But she stops her movement after a second, letting me relax.

I move away from her, going to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

She doesn't even know what she's doing to me.

~~~

"Finally the princess has awoken." I said sarcastically as she walks downstairs, with her head held low. She rubbed her giving me a annoyed smile and sitting at the counter.

"Where are your crutches?"

"My legs don't hurt anymore. Here drink this. It'll help with the headache." I hand her some lemon water, something that always helps me whenever I'm hungover.

"Thanks." She drinks it slowly, savouring the sour taste against her tongue. "Thank you."

"You already said that." I chuckle putting my coffee to my lips.

"No, I mean for what you did with my mom. Thank you."

"Yeah, no problem."

~~~

Arabella's POV:

"Mateo, you're not going that's final!" He's so persistent on going back to work, when he's clearly still injured.

"Arabella, it's been almost a week. I'm fine now."

"You're not fine until the doctors say you're fine." I cross my arms over my chest, standing in front of the bathroom door.

"There's no fucking way, I'm going to the doctors." He argues back.

~~~

I watch as the doctor tells him, that his legs are fine. Since the damage wasn't too sever. Luckily since the car, had hit the passenger seat instead of the drivers.

Mateo continues to glare at the doctor who was just trying to help him. He sends me a couple glancing showing he wasn't happy with me for making him come here. But I was able to convince him.

"Alright, that should be it. Just because your leg doesn't need crutches anymore. There is still a slight chance, it can hurt a little bit. But that shouldn't last too long." He ignored everything the doctor says and gets up before she's even finished talking.

"Bye, Mr. and Mrs. Salvatore." She waves as we walk out of the doctor's clinic. Mateo vividly ignoring me.

"Oh come on, don't be a baby." I said unlocking the car from a far distance.

"I am not a baby." I swear I saw him pout for a split second.

"Whatever you say Mr. Salvatore."