Chapter 5

"If this is of Ivan Pavlov's Theory, the stimuli would be you and this close proximity."

JENNIE

The newbie seemed surprised when she saw me. That's a good thing for her to realize that I'm not a nobody that she can tread upon. Now she should know where she stands.

"How did you know my name?" I looked at her with an eyebrow raised. She gulped. She's kinda nervous.

"E-everyone knows you," she cleared her throat and then she met my eyes. Now, the nervousness that was evident a minute ago vanished.

"Who wouldn't know such a pretty name, right jagiya—I mean Jennie-yah?"

Is she out of her mind? Did she just call me jagiya?!

The nerve!

"Right. Let's get to work before I kick you out. You see those papers right? There, at the long table."

"Yeah. They look like papers."

I just rolled my eyes at her.

Is she acting dumb or what?

"Those were the set of documents that you've messed up this morning."

"Ohh...wait. What? I did what?!"

The look in her face was so hilarious.

I'm just starting to roast you, prick!

"You need to sort it out. Come here after your afternoon class everyday until you finally sort it all out."

"Is it that hard?"

"Sorting things out?"

"No."

"Then what?"

"Sorting things out."

She's crazy! My eyebrows furrowed when I realized that she's playing with me.

"I just said that, didn't I?"

"You did?"

"I'm leaving. I can't stand talking to a fvcking weirdo like you," she laughed at me.

"I'm just kidding! Can I start this tomorrow? I got plans for today."

"I don't care when you'll start. Just finish it before next Friday."

"Jagiya!"

"Stop calling me that. We're not close!"

"Then I'll get closer to you. See you tomorrow jagiya! By the way, I'm Lisa! I'm afraid I'll be at the guidance office tomorrow if I'll tell you my name but I still did!"

She shouted as I walk away from where she sits.

She's weird.

How can she act like a friend to someone she barely knew?

And what's with that jagiya?

I'll surely punch her face tomorrow if she ever calls me that again. She's starting to get irritating. She's starting to get into my nerves.

"You're done?" Rosé asked when I get out of the door.

"Yeah. Go and fetch that weirdo."

I said coldly before I left them behind.

When I stepped out of the building, my ride was already in front waiting for me but then, a guy was shyly pushed by his friends and now he's standing in my way.

"H-hi Jen,"

It's Kai. The team captain of our school's basketball team.

He scratched the back of his head when he noticed that I just stared at him.

"U-uhm. Here's a cake. I baked it this morning."

I looked at the cake. It was cutely decorated. But I know that he didn't bake this. Boys and their lies. It will never get old.

"I hate sweets, sorry."

His jaw literally dropped when I say those words in his face.

Cakes?

Flowers?

Chocolates?

You can win other girls through that, but not me.

I'm not other girls.