50: Midnight craving

Author's note:

First of all, thanks to every one of you who left some interesting ideas on the last chapter. I appreciate every comments that you left, I kept a few ideas to use for the next few chapters.

I was planning to write about Thea finally find out about the kiss in the next chapter but I noticed that all of you wanted it to happen now. Well.. your wish is my command.

Also, shout out to @_siriusly_demigod_ @KristalliaKokkinidou @PoorvaMali2 @Jaii0king and @whyclicking I will combine all your ideas in this chapter

Hope you guys like this chapter!

THEA'S P.O.V

I watched as Arthur swung Josh in the swing while I was reading a book on a picnic mat. Arthur had taken me and Josh to the park to spend the weekend together. I couldn't move much as I often get tired from walking or just standing, though I wish I could play with Josh too.

Ever since I got pregnant, I mostly spend the day by reading books to kill the time. I have always loved to read so it's nice to have that freedom to read books whenever I like. Also, that means buying more books. Even Arthur was kinda surprised that I literally bought 6 books for the last 10 days.

"Can you really finish all those books?" was all he asked when another package of my new book came yesterday.

He just doesn't know how much I love to read. I can finish 1 book in just a few hours.

I put my book down as my eyes began tired from reading, when I noticed Arthur's phone light up from a text. It was from Jessy. Though I didn't want to peek on his phone, but I was curious.

Hey, I'm back from the hospital. You can take Josh back in an hour, he needs his medicine.

And the next message caught me off guard.

I don't want to be nosy but, have you told Thea? Is she alright?

What is she talking about? What should he tell me about? What happened?

There are so many questions on my mind, so many theories. But I dear hope it's nothing what I thought it would be.

I pretended to read my book again as I saw him coming to my spot with Josh. I tried not to overthink about the text. I'm sure Arthur will tell me about it, he won't be keeping a secret from me, will he?

"Hey, Josh got sleepy. I think we should get home" and just after he said that, Josh let out a yawn.

I only nodded in response then he helped me to get up, taking the picnic mat with his other hand as we were going back to his car. Josh had fallen asleep once he sat in the car. Arthur checked on his phone and read the text from Jessy. From the corner of my eyes, I could see he took a glance at me, probably wondering if I had seen the text, I pretended to look out the window.

I was curious. I wish he would have told me what the text was about. I don't like to have negative thoughts, nor to overthink about certain things. But I couldn't help but feel like there's something happened between the two of them, something that Arthur hasn't told me about. It's not the first time that I had seen her text hinting about something. I feel like it has something to do with her apology text that I read a few days ago.

Arthur stopped the car as we arrived in Jessy's house. He took his phone with him and went to get sleeping Josh in the back seat.

"I'm taking him inside, I won't be long" he said as he carried Josh in his arm.

I nodded in response then watched him going inside the house with Josh in his arm. Suddenly I feel the need to go in the house and see what happened to them. I want to know what happened. I need to know what happened.