Chapter 29

The always gentle and calm Li Chongwen finally disappeared and now he was burning with emotion. His cheeks were abnormally flushed, and his normally peaceful eyes seemed very heated: “I don’t owe you any money, please don’t bother me anymore!”

“Then call the police. Do you think the police will help you?”

This middle-aged man was obviously a wily old scumbag. He knew that even if the police did come, they would only mediate when it came to such minor disputes. As long as he wanted to pester Li Chongwen, Li Chongwen could not escape from him at all. He was obviously very cunning.

Qian Wei winked at Qian Chuan: “That is my classmate, go and help him.”

Qian Chuan was briefly stunned but then he nodded strongly.

“Do you want to leave by yourself or shall I take you out to the police station?”

The physique of the boys from the Academy of Physical Education was nothing to scoff at. Qian Chuan stood at 185cm, his shoulders were wide and his legs were long, when coupled with his masculine aura, it was enough for him to just stand there and people would feel intimidated. As soon as he walked over and joined the situation, the middle-aged man’s arrogance suddenly weakened.

But even though he looked a little uncomfortable, his arrogant words did not change, he raised his head to face Qian Chuan and said: “Little brother, do not think that you are punishing evil and promoting good here.” He pointed at Li Chongwen. “Ask him why I come here to find him every day. It’s because he owes me money and refuses to pay it back. I have no choice but to come here to find him!”

Li Chongwen clenched his fist: “I’ll say it again, I don’t owe you any money!”

“Sure! It was your father who owed me money, but it is only natural for a son to pay their father’s debts. Now that your old man has run away, can’t I ask you for the money?”

“You can ask for the money from whoever owes it!”

“Everybody, come and see how the University A students bully others!” Seeing that Li Chongwen was unmoved, the middle-aged man began to make a ruckus and shout loudly, seemingly wanting to use public opinion to force Li Chongwen to submit.

Attracting the attention of onlookers was probably the last thing Li Chongwen wanted. And, as Qian Wei guessed, Li Chongwen’s calm face was now rapidly reddening because of the shouting middle-aged man, but it wasn’t like he could just rush up and beat the other party, so he could only stand there feeling embarrassed, bearing the eyes of inquiry from all directions.

“The son and the father are two different individuals. In our law, there has never been a concept of a father’s debt and a son’s repayment. If you think he owes you money and isn’t paying it back, you should go to court and sue him!” Qian Wei also stood up. “Since you are so justified, you should use the law to protect yourself. Do you want my brother to accompany you to the police station and the courts?”

“What does this have to do with you?”

“I’m sorry, but this is my friend. I can’t just watch you harass him like this. If you want to go on, you can go through my brother first.” Qian Wei finished speaking and patted Qian Chuan on the shoulder. “By the way, you should call your friends from the Academy of Physical Education. Don’t you know a Muay Thai boxer who has never lost a fight? He should definitely be called.”

“No problem.” Qian Chuan replied. Then he seemed ready to take out his cell phone.

The middle-aged man sized up the situation and felt things were not good. He immediately stopped his pestering. He cursed at them for a while and then left with a resentful look on his face.