The Day of Hearts

King Fredrick and Queen Ariana were attached to one of Varian's many machines in his lab. The two were moved apart from each other and maniacal laughter was heard next to me. Thunder struck and I turned to see Varian laughing with his wielding mask covering his face. He started laughing harder as it looked like something was trying to rip out of his shirt. "Ruddiger, get outta my apron! That tickles!" He said taking the mask off and Ruddiger came running out of his pant leg making me giggle.

"Ruddiger, you totally missed his most ticklish spot. His sides!" I said as I watched him scamper away. "My sides? My sides aren-" Varian said and I quickly started to tickle his sides. "H-hey! St-stop!" He said laughing and I laughed with him until he grabbed both of my wrists. "I hate it when you do that." He said with a fake glare and I kissed his nose. "But you still love me." I said with a smirk and he rolled his eyes with a smile. "Sadly." He said and my eyes widened. "Sadly?! Excuse you, Sapphires, but I'm a delight." I said and Varian chuckled before pulling a lever making electricity flow through the room.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Rapunzel asked Varian. "If my new machine works the way I think it should, and it will, we are moments away from reversing the effects of the Saporian's memory wand." Varian said before a tub came loose from one of the parts of the machine spraying pink goop all over the lab. I quickly jumped behind Varian to hopefully avoid the gunk.

The machine stopped spraying and we all stood there somewhat stunned. I heard Pascal squeak and saw him perfectly clean on Rapunzel's shoulder. He quickly changed colors to match Rapunzel and she smiled down at him. "Ugh...where am I, and why am I so gooey?" Fredrick said and Varian rubbed the back of his neck. I peaked out from behind him and wiped off the little bit of pink that had gotten on my dress and adjusting the light pink ribbon that I used as a veil.

"I'm sorry, Rapunzel

"I'm sorry, Rapunzel. I-I was so sure this was gonna work!" Varian said before sighing. "I feel like we've tried everything." He said and I nodded. "I really thought that recreating the potion Cassandra made for us when the memory wand was used against us would work. We've tried almost everything from magic to science, but still zero progress has been made." I said and Rapunzel turned to me and was about to say something before I beat her to it. "And no, I refuse to do a love spell, love jar, bag, song, or anything that has to do with making them fall in love. Love magic is extremely risky and never ends well." I said crossing my hands over my chest and Rapunzel nodded. "You both did your best, and besides, I have another method up my sleeve. Don't get me wrong. The power of science and magic is impressive, but it is nothing compared to the power of love, and I don't mean the artificial kind." Rapunzel said and she was suddenly covered in more foamy pink gunk and I jumped back into Varian scared from the sudden burst of fluid.

Varian's hand was on my waist and we both watched as Ruddiger jumped down from the control center of the machine. He picked up a handful of the goop to take a massive bite out of it. "That was karma for even asking me to perform a love spell earlier this week." I said and Rapunzel rolled her eyes before tasting the pink fluid. "Mm, strawberry!" She said and I leaned my back against Varian and he placed a soft kiss to my cheek.