Chapter 32

In this way, Qian Wi began giving advice to Mo Tao and Mo Tao began his pursuit action. Their frequent interaction also made Mo Zixin feel very satisfied.

Everything went on in an orderly way, and Qian Wei began to cram for the contest Liu Shiyun had invited her to. Not because she wanted to win a prize but just because if her performance was too poor it would be too humiliating. Because Lu Xun was participating this year the number of people who were coming to watch was particularly high.

“Qian Wei, when you go on stage later, you must show your elegant demeanor as the flower of our law school from our dorm!” On the day of the competition, Liu Shiyun seemed very serious. She patted Qian Wei on the shoulder. “Don’t be in a hurry to just recite the law. This contest I organized this year is different from the ones in previous years where the participants just had to memorize legal terms or regurgitate legal documents. I strove to make this year’s competition clearly separate from any of the previous competitions. The topics I picked all rely on a person’s gradual accumulation of legal literacy and their unique legal perspective! So you don’t have to scramble to prepare. I have great confidence in you!”

Qian Wei went to the stage followed by Liu Shiyun’s enthusiastic encouragement. Because of the large number of participants the contest had been divided into group stages, then elimination rounds, and finally a show-down between the last two contestants. Qian Wei drew her lot and felt very relieved to find that she was not in the same group with Lu Xun.

Liu Shiyun hadn’t lied, she really did not choose topics that could be answered with just rote memorization, on the contrary, the topics were all drawn from actual legal cases and required the contestants to give relevant legal guidance. That being the case Qian Wei was really like a fish in water. After all, she was an experienced lawyer who had practiced law for several years in her last life. She was not good at rote memorization but analyzing cases and applying practical guidance was her strong point. Because of this, Qian Wei breezed through the contest, it was easy for her to stand out within her group. In order to quickly proceed to the white-hot final showdown, the group stage of the competition actually happened with many groups in different venues at the same time. Qian Wei finished her group stage early while the other groups were still enthusiastically competing. So Qian Wei was happy and she had some free time, so she wanted to sneak to another group’s match and watch them.

By this time, there were still three group stage competitions that were ongoing. Two of them had hardly any spectators while the third one had so many spectators that the venue was almost full. Qian Wei squeezed in to see what was going on and the situation was immediately clear.

It was Lu Xun’s group.

“When Mr. Chen rescues a woman who is commiting suicide, it creates a Negotiorum gestorum* debt between the two. According to the provisions in the General Principles of Civil Law, the gestor may require the principal, or the beneficiary in layman’s terms, to pay the necessary expenses. These expenses include any expenses generated directly by the service activities the gestor undertook, as well as any actual losses suffered by participating in said activity. Therefore, Mr. Chen can ask the rescued woman to pay compensation for the treatment of any physical injuries incurred while rescuing her.”

Almost every time Lu Xun finished answering a question there would be a round of applause from the crowd. Although the 19-year-old Lu Xun was much younger than his crafty advanced version, Lu Xun was still Lu Xun in the end. No matter how complex the case was, he could uncover the truth just using his mouth, with his clear logic and meticulous thinking. The case analysis drawn up by his team was much more complex and in-depth than the one drawn by Qian Wei. Even though there were many problems and the contest quizzed him on everything from the all-inclusive civil law to the extremely specific micro real estate law, Lu Xun could answer every time, and the most terrible thing was his frigid and incisive style of answering, he never spoke a word of nonsense, he was like an accurate legal machine, able to flawlessly remember any law.