Chapter 33

“First question, Lu Xun wins!” Liu Shiyun obviously felt very sorry for Qian Wei but she pressed on. “Well, let’s move on to the next question. This time you two are an estranged couple who are both having extramarital affairs. Now you are planning to divorce but you both find each other very difficult to deal with. You now have to prove that the other party is at fault. What measures do you take to collect the evidence you need?”

“In the third question, you are a couple fighting for custody of their children. How do you maximize your chances of receiving custody?”

“In question number four, you are a brother and sister pair who are fighting for the rights to inheritance. How do you reduce your sibling’s share of the inheritance as much as possible while increasing your own?”

“For question five’s scenario, Qian Wei is an employee who is about to be fired while Lu Xun is the personnel director of the company. How would you two plan to mediate to strive for the best interests for yourself or for the company, that is to say, Qian Wei, what would you do to get the most financial compensation? And Lu Xun, how do you get rid of Qian Wei with the least amount of money?”

———-

Qian Wei thought: Liu Shiyun these topics really open up a person’s eyes! Each one is more ruthless than the last. For us to be examining how to use the law to exploit loopholes, is that really a good thing? Hello! Is it even legal?!

However, this completely new style of competition seemed very popular, or maybe more accurately, as long as Lu Xun was participating, any form of competition would be well received.

Originally, Qian Wei was very confident that she could easily beat Lu Xun by using her experience from her last lifetime but she was slapped in the face by reality. Out of the ten questions in the competition, she eagerly answered the first nine questions first, but in the end it was Lu Xun who won each time. No matter what kind of tricky strategy she tried to suggest, Lu Xun always seemed to be able to create a more tricky but also somehow more practical plan. Perhaps there was a group of people in this world whose excellence could not be surpassed even when facing someone who spent two lifetimes accumulating experience. Even after nine years, Qian Wei still had no chance of winning when facing Lu Xun. He was a born lawyer in the real sense of the word.

“In the last question, Qian Wei is a law school student. Your goal is to list all the advantages of having a girlfriend in law school until Lu Xun is impressed. In order to refute Qian Wei, Lu Xun needs to list all the disadvantages of finding a girlfriend in law school.” Liu Shiyun spoke laughingly, “For this last question, we can go a little easier, no one needs the headache of sifting through their professional knowledge, but because it is the final question, we need full dedication from our two participants. You two need to really get into your roles. Qian Wei, you have to convince Lu Xun to accept your pursuit to win, and Lu Xun, you must convince Qian Wei to give up to win.”

This was no longer in the realm of professional knowledge but it was still not easy at all, okay?! How should Qian Wei answer this question? It was too embarrassing. Who could bear to toot their own horn in front of so many people? And why did she have to chase Lu Xun? Why didn’t Lu Xun have to chase her? Liu Shiyun, this person, was she really her friend? All of a sudden she didn’t want this kind of friend, okay?

She had already lost in nine of the ten questions so no matter how hard Qian Wei struggled it was already all over. She decided to just throw in the towel this time, she didn’t even rush to answer the way she had been doing. She thought in her heart that she could just let Lu Xun answer first. After Lu Xun answered, she could simply surrender, that way she would not have to be embarrassed by extolling her own virtues trying to ‘chase’ Lu Xun.