Homemade

It was very easy to discern when you were getting closer and closer to Snezhnaya, the ocean became icy and the air became so frigid almost any glass of water could freeze. Long before your arrival in the everlasting land of ice you changed into suitable clothing for the climate, black clothes to soak up whatever sunlight would make it through the clouds. Thick padding for insolation and a few chains and a scarf for style.

You carried Mochi in your arms while bringing your necessary items with you to the prominent mansion belonging to Childe's family; though he mostly pays for it himself. Luckily the snow was not as deep as usual so walking around was fairly easy..though the snow mostly melted when you stepped on it though..

Snow fell from the sky very lightly, the occasional thump from when snow falls out of a tree could be heard. And as you began to leave the urban city, you followed a path into a rural area with little to no cabins dotting the landscape and as you walked a few people waved to you with somewhat friendly smiles.

They were familiar with you, after all whenever you were in Snezhnaya for a short time period you would stay with Childe's or should i say, Ajax's family. As you approached the gate that cut the estate off from everyone else, fatui guards shared a knowing glance and opened the gate for you. Though they looked a little confused about Mochi, they didn't ponder on the question and remained silent in the cold.

You raised your knuckles to the door but it was open before you could even knock the door was open with Tonia wearing a warm smile to battle the chilling air. "It's been a while, how was Liyue? Was there a bunch of tasty treats?" Tonia was the second eldest of Childe's younger siblings, she learned how to cook and such for Teucer's sake while the eldest of Childe's younger siblings, Anthon, Babysat Teucer and taught him how to fire a bow or use a wooden sword.

Tonia hugged you while you entered the home, "You got here earlier then i thought..Teucer is still asleep, just me and Anthon are awake..are you hungry?" you shook your head. "No but Mochi certainly is" Tonia grinned a bit, "You named your cat Mochi? Like the snack in Inazuma? That's quite adorable." the girl took the cat from your arms and hurried off into the huge home.

Anthon slowly wandered over to you and instead of actually hugging you, he simply leaned onto you but sometimes he could be a bit pervy so when he was about to nuzzle against you, you gently pushed him away. "Anthon, i beat your brother up for making a move on me, i won't hesitate to do the same to you even if you're just a teen"

He yawned and nodded his head sluggishly, "Alright sorry..do you have a boyfriend yet?" seeing you get all the more annoyed, he waved his hands and chuckled "Sorry..maybe i should go wake Teucer up yeah?" you crossed your arms and nodded. "Go ahead, I'll be going to unpack in my usual room also don't tell him I'm here, i want to surprise him" Anthon nodded with a smile and hurried off to his brothers room.

Being in such an oversized mansion was sometimes confusing, you'd get lost and end up at the wrong room which is why you stayed on the first floor so it was less likely you would be lost. Once you came across the room you usually stayed in, you smiled at the neat and tidy sheets and the desk with a book or two on it.

The windows were beautifully decorated with the frost outdoors and were clouded up so no one could see inside. It wasn't super white and gold, it was dark oak like the rest of the house and the interior in this room was a hazel green with the occasionally gold accent, it was truly a beautiful room that felt quite homey to you, perhaps because in Fontain a lot of houses are built with darker colored wood?

Well, you unpacked and got everything settled when Tonia knocked on the door "Teucer's awake and eating breakfast in the kitchen, Anthon didn't tell him you were here" Tonia smiled while you got rid of a few extra layers. "Also, you have a pyro vision right? why wear so many layers?" she asked whilst you removed your scarf. "Because, I'd get a few odd looks if i showed skin in the freezing cold, and sometimes it get's too cold for even a pyro vision bearer"

"oh i see, and just so you know i got one of our animal beds and put it in the main living room and Mochi has been there since i set him down" you followed Tonia to the kitchen to see Teucer sluggishly eating his cereal. Tonia walked ahead and leaned against the counter, Teucer looked at her in confusion while you walked up behind him as quiet as a snake.

"Gotcha!" Teucer screamed but once he realized it was you from his siblings laughter and your silent footing, he began to cry both tears of joy and tears of fear. "Don't cry kiddo, sorry i scared you" once you set him down he quickly turned around and hugged your legs again, "i have a letter from your brother, Tonia can read it to you while i eat breakfast yeah?"

He let go of you and nodded, "Yes! I wanna see what big brother wrote to us!" the three siblings gathered around on the couch and Anthon began to read to them. You didn't tune into them since you were busy getting something to eat, a few minutes later Tonia came over to you with a folded piece of paper.

"Ajax hasn't even given me his borsch recipe, I'd feel honored if i were you" Tonia smiled as you took the folded paper in your hand, "Ooh and he mentioned something about your new boss too, Balladeer the 6th harbinger huh? moving up in the world?" Tonia teased. "He also mentioned how he might favor you a little bit compared to his other underlings"

You sighed and ate your food, You would have shaken your head and denied that but with what he did on your last day in Liyue contradicts what you thought. "You're not denying it huh? Did he do something...?" when you remained silent to her questions though she choose to change the topic. "So what tasty snacks did you have in Liyue? Did you get some recipes?"

You swallowed a mouthful of food, "I had these things called Jade parcels, they're like a veggie dumpling wrapped in lettuce and fried with sauce poured over the top. Fortunately the chef that made it for me, Xiangling, gave me the recipe. But it's in my bag on the boat, which reminds me i have to send someone back to get those.." Tonia sighed.

"Can i come to? Anthon can babysit Teucer" you scowled, "I don't think Childe would like me taking you on a fatui ship, he's still my superior you know.." Tonia frowned. "I..alright" Tonia got up to leave you in peace and seemed to ask a butler if her could get one of the fatui guards to fetch your bags. Tonia was a sweet girl but she truly admired someone like you for some reason, but she's hardly seen that part of you that isn't as big sisterly or as kind as the side you allowed them to see.

But if you no longer had to go fetch your bags then you might as well go outside and do some morning training in the snow, after all Childe told you it was refreshing doing so.

Tonia was down in the dump while Anthon and Teucer played games with his figuring's so no one really noticed you leave. You stepped out into the snow with less layers then before and felt perfectly fine, you walked around the home and into the forest behind it and from there you were alone to train.

or so you thought..