Chapter 8

Blood flowed into ponds

Blood flowed into ponds. Daria felt it absorb her clothes, but she didn't care. She kept wondering why they would go to extreme lengths to behead someone for something small.Daria forced herself to stop weeping while she stood up. She placed the head to the side and grabbed rags, a pair of purple gloves, a brush, and bleach.

Daria began by rolling up the stained carpet. It had a huge puddle on where the head landed. Daria put it on the side and grabbed the rags. She wiped left and right, combining the blood to not let it roam free.

"It's just blood. It's just blood," Daria mumbled to herself. Blood is Blood, and it never bothered her till now.

Daria threw the rags in a bag and scrubbed the floor. She grew tired but had to get this done. She scrubbed and scrubbed. Her blood-stained clothes dried. The door swung open, and Daria glanced ahead.
"OH MY GOD," Emma yelled. Her eyes widened, and her mouth was oval. Daria panted and stood up.

"What are you doing here!"

"I- Is that a head?!" Emma questioned.

Daria eyed the head that sat next to the trash and faced back at the blonde. Emma stared at Daria, then at her clothes.

She made a run for it. Daria dropped everything and rushed after her. Emma raced to her car but barely made it in time before Daria grabbed her. She yelped.

"Let me go, you freak!" Emma struggled in Daria's grasp.

"Emma, listen to me! You have to understand-"

"Understand what?! That you murdered someone!" Emma continued to struggle in Daria's grasp.

"I killed no one!" Daria released her. Emma looked at her with fear in her eyes. Daria continued, "Why are you even here?"

Emma swallowed. She drew out her phone, but her hands were shaken. Daria scared her, or rather she feared over what Daria supposedly did.

"You texted me to come over to talk about the agreement we made," Emma replied. Daria took off a glove.

'I need to talk to you about you know what. Be at my house in 10 mins.'

Daria furrowed her brows. She did not send this.

"I didn't send this." Daria groaned out of frustration
"Damn it!" She kicked Emma's car.

"Hey, my car!" Emma complained. Daria placed the back of her hand on her forehead and had an idea.

"You're helping me," Daria announced.

Emma scoffed. "What?"

"You're going to help me"

Emma laughed, "I'm not getting involved in the crimes you're committing. Unlike you, I care about my academics and college!"

"You're already involved! You coming over is you getting involved. Now either you help me or I will make Princeton disappear." Daria sneered.