48. it really does look black in the moonlight

"Have you ever seen blood in the moonlight, agent Mobius?" Loki leaned in, flashing the time agent a sinister smile. "It appears quite black."

///

Pairing: Loki/Mobius M. Mobius

Someone on Tumblr requested a Lokius fic where Mobius was gravely injured protecting Loki.
Trigger warning's applied for violence, suicidal thoughts, blood and gore.

Anyway, the title and the quote are from Hannibal.

///

Loki wanted him dead. He wanted them all dead, but he would start with this particular agent first. The smug smile on his face, he couldn't wait to wipe it off as he burnt it all to the ground. They thought they could control him, locked him up like a caged animal. They had no idea who they were messing with. What he was capable of.

Except for the fact — the nagging, torturous fact — his magic was out of reach. The collar on his throat seemingly bit into his skin, though he knew it was more in his head than anything else. He could still breathe, physically. It was... tight, but not too tight that it was hurting him. If anything it was his pride that was hurt.

The way the agent — Mobius was the name, he'd told him his name was Mobius — was smiling cockily at him only added the fuel to the homicidal ideation blazing vividly in his chest. It made it hard to stay seated, to not lunge forward and bury his teeth in Mobius's neck.

Loki had tried that, of course. His first and only attempt ended in his ass falling gracelessly on the floor. With the remote control Mobius possessed, it was useless, foolish even, to try anything. And Mobius still had the nerve to offer him a hand, lifting him off the ground like he thought Loki was naive enough to be fooled by the false kindness, the mercifulness that was nothing other than mockery in disguise. It made Loki's blood boil. It made him loathe himself even more that he, in the end, ended up taking Mobius's hand. Pathetic. Weak.

"A murderer..." Mobius said, writing down on his note without really looking at Loki. Though he was smiling, chucking almost defiantly, it had Loki's hands clenched into tight fists under the table separating the two of them.

"Eighty people in two days is quite a record, don't you think?" He went on, lifting his gaze to meet Loki's eyes now. And there was this smug look on his face that wouldn't go away. In his head, Loki pictured himself wrapping both hands around the agent's neck, squeezing and watching the life drain out of him.

"Have you ever seen blood in the moonlight, agent Mobius?" Loki leaned in instead, flashing the time agent a sinister smile. "It appears quite black."

Mobius snorted, chuckling some more before writing something down on his notepad. And Loki thought — a violent desire igniting itself into flames burning within — he'd make Mobius see that; the blood flooding out of him under the pale moonlight as Loki twisted the dagger deeper into his body. He was determined to make the agent regret ever crossing with him, the monster.

~~~

It was either accepting his fate as Mobius's pet or getting erased out of existence. And even though Loki thought he ought to opt for the latter, he swallowed down his pride and went with the first instead. Because dying was easy, he'd been dead before, was supposed to be dead ever since he let go, but here he was, still standing, still breathing. If the Norns wanted him to fight, then so be it. He would live and he would fight every step of the way. He would make Mobius's life a living hell until the day he got to kill him, that was his goal.

The day Loki finally got to kill Mobius, he wouldn't make it quick. No, it'd have to be slow, painful. He'd savor every bit of the crying, the pleading. He'd look him in the eye and watch it go lifeless in his hands.