Chapter Sixteen

~I hope, you're happy, but not like how you were with me~
Olivia Rodrigo.

Corrine.

"State your business here, blood sucker!" The gruff voice of a male yelled over the thick layer of trees. We had barely entered into Blue Ridge territory when ten wolves emerged from the thick forest. Five in their wolf form, the other five, human. I couldn't fully comprehend what I was feeling. I was excited but on the other hand, I was feeling scared. I have never really been accepted to any pack before and the thought of again being rejected left a bitter taste in my mouth.

"I'm here to deliver Corrine Star Wisteria. She was supposed to have arrived here approximately six months ago." Ace claimed after we had exited the car.

"Why is she here now? Why didn't she show up then?" A female dressed in all black asked as she glared at the both of us. She looked strong and she radiated raw power from every inch of her being. Her maroon hair gave her a badass vibe, all along with her detached looking eyes. Her dark skin glowed beautifully in the sun. She looked scary and at the same time alluring. Two combination that shouldn't fit together but does.

"There was unforeseen. . .detour. She couldn't make it." Ace answered, the reply very vague and questionable. Really? He is going to make them hate me even further.

"What are you doing?" I hissed in his ear.

"Trying to make them accept you." He glared at me.

"Yeah, you're doing a terrible job. You just don't say that. You can run, right?" I asked.

"Why do you mean 'I can run?'" He looked confused.

"Because you need to do it. I am going to tell them the truth and when I do, you'll have to use those pair of legs to outrun them, if they decide to chase you." I reply giving him a most deserved glare.

"Yeah, I can but what about you? I can't leave you here. Genesis will surely kill me. He threatened me a couple of times before I even brought you here. I think he knew this was going to happen." He whispered back and my eyes widen in shock. Why would he do that now?

"You're not going to tell him anything about this. You're just going to tell him I was accepted."

"What are you both whispering?" The female glared at the both of us. She looked very suspicious of our whispering.

"Nothing. As Ace has explained, there was an unexpected detour. I was kidnapped by vampires and I have been held in their coven ever since." I whispered but of course they all heard it.

"What do you mean kidnapped and how are you here and why is he here with you?" She asked, the skepticism thoroughly evident in her words.

"They let me go. I don't know why they took me but they did let me go. I think they realized I had nothing to do with whatever they wanted." I explained further. The explanation sounded unbelievable even to my own self and I knew then that I'd lucky if I'm not killed.

"What about this blood sucker, why is here with you?" She glared.

"I couldn't drive myself here so he offered to drop me off here." I replied, the answer genuine.

They were silent for almost an entire minute and I begin to squirm.

"Are you actually believing this, Alette? It's quite obvious they are lying." A brown haired man next to her exclaimed as he glared at Ace and I, disbelief and anger showing on his facial features.