Nine

"Shush Haz."

I giggled behind my hand, Louis grinning as he pulled me through the back doors. The sunset was beautiful as it dropped behind the tree tops of the surrounding forest.

"It's gorgeous." I commented, sitting beside Louis on the back steps. The stone was cold, so I just shuffled closer the warm alpha. It took a second, but Louis slowly wrapped his arm around my waist. I smile to myself.

The only sound was the birds hidden in the forest, everything less green and crisp as the cold weather set in. It was peaceful, seemingly hiding away from the rest of the world while sitting next to Louis.

Slowly, I rested the side of my head on his shoulder, his body relaxing and slumping under me. We both took a deep breath at the same time, leading me to wonder if he could feel the same spark that went up my spine.

We sat there in silence for a while, until it was dark and I starting shiver due to the cold wind that had come in.

"Let's go in, love. Dinner will be soon anyway." Louis squeezed my side a little as I lifted my head and nodded.

I watched Louis as he stood up, giving me a hand to help up aswell. I kept my hand in his as we headed in towards the lounge room. The large room was lit by only the lamps situated around, the u shape couch looking so soft I could just collapse into it.

Which is exactly what Louis did.

He let my hand go as jumped over the back of the couch, landing on his back with a huff. Then opened his arms wide, gesturing me to join him.

I laughed a little, climbing over the back of the couch as well, then proceeding to lie on top of the alpha. He groaned teasingly, but soon wrapped his arm around me and wove his other hand into my hair. We'd never been this close before, almost our whole bodies touching. But it was very warm and comfortable.

I sighed as I watched the cartoon that was left on the tv, content with Louis' fingers scratching my scalp gently and tugging softly on my curls. It was making me loose focus on the tv, my eyelids becoming heavy.

I broke out of my trance like state by Louis' chest seeming to rumble under me. It wasn't till I blinked when I could hear his laugh, making me look up at him from my position on his chest.

"What?" I asked, voice raspy giving away how relaxed I was. Louis grinned proudly at me.

"You were purring." He said softly, smoothing his hand through my hair. I furrowed my eyebrows, humming in question. "You were literally purring, Haz." He repeated and my eyes widened, making myself sit up a bit.

"No no no don't more." Louis pulled me back down, making me wince.

"I was purring?" I asked, confused as I'd never done that before. It was a typical omega trait, but I wasn't exactly the most 'developed' omega. My lack of scent seemed to delay a lot of other stuff. "Never done that before..." I admitted, pouting my lips, not expecting the kiss Louis gave me.

My cheeks immediately went red, smiling shyly as he grinned at me. We hadn't kissed since the other night of our date, the touching being restricted to hand holds and hugs.

"I read a book-"

"Louis Tomlinson read a book?" I laughed, making Louis pout in protest, a sly smile hiding.

"Yes. I read a book, but that's not the point. This book I read was about mates. It was an old one, part of the old ways. Anyway, it said that wolves tend to become their true selves and the most powerful when they meet their true mate... what if that's why your scents started coming through and you were purring just now?" Louis bit his bottom lip.

"Because we're true mates?" I swallowed down my heart coming up my throat. Louis nodded. "Yeah, maybe. Is my scent any stronger yet?"

Louis nodded, taking my question as a prompt to stuff his nose into my neck. I gasped as his breath hit the sensitive part of my neck. Louis let out a growl, inhaling before pulling back.

"Definitely. So sweet, but like lollies mixed with strawberries. Strawberry lollies." He grinned, making me laugh and rest my chin on his chest.

We stayed like that for a while, watching the film that was now playing on the tv, before I remembered the conversation with my mum before my acceptance ceremony.

"I was wondering if I could go home- to see my parents and sister, one weekend maybe." I bit my lip as I looked up to Louis, who smiled sweetly at me. "And that you could come with me." His smile widened at that before he nodded.

"I'd love that. We'd just have to ask my dad." He replied, hand rubbing up and down my back slowly, making goosebumps form.

I bit my lip and nodded. "Ok."