chapter 26

Taking a seat in the private section for Class 2-A, you waited for the first match of the final event to start. The rest cushion of the seats were comfortable as you sank into the seat, feeling content after eating a full meal. Around you, the class was packed together, eager to see the first fight.

1v1 Battles

As Present Mic announced the beginning of the first match, you leaned forward, resting your arms over the railing as your eyes followed the intense fight below.

Each fight was different.

Some were battles between friends like Kiri and Mina, while others were battles between classes such as Shinso and Awase. From the other side of the wall, you can hear the shouts of encouragement from Class 2-B which only seemed to hype Class 2-A into cheering louder, causing a cheering contest to breakout. The noise didn't compare to the amount of shouts that emitted from the crowd as the winner of each fight was announced.

Even though it was twenty students moving forward, majority of the slots were taken up by Class 2-A students, with barely a handful of students from 2-B.

Scanning the list of fights again, you tried to predict the outcomes of every fight based on the little knowledge you had about 2-B.

As the fight between Monoma and Tokoyami began, you turned to the side to whisper to Jirou. "Who am I fighting?"

The name was unknown, meaning it was someone from the other class. But you've had little to no interactions with them, leaving you at a particular disadvantage. Glancing up, Jirou read the name written next to yours. "Setsuna Tokage, recommendation student from 2-B. Her quirk is called 'Lizard Tail Splitter.' She mainly uses it to observe the battlefield from a high vantage point and launch multi-directional attacks with her flying body parts. She was pretty impressive during the 1-A vs 1-B battles we had but lost ultimately to Bakugo."

Nodding at the information, you watched as Tokoyami let out one last devastating blow against Monoma, pushing him out of bound and allowing him to move on to the next round.

From behind your seat, a body shifts forward to talk right next to your head. "That soulmate of yours made Class 1-B eat their words. They all underestimated him and expected him to abandon us, but you should've seen him." Sero whistled as he recalled the epic battle that they experienced.

The class had joked from the very beginning about Bakugo's personality being a flaming piece of garbage- shoutout to Kaminari for that accurate description.

Therefore, they all expected him to keep that attitude during the battles. He would lose his cool, wander off by himself and cost them the match. Imagine their surprise when Bakugo declared that he would save them... and when he needed help, they would save him.

It was a turning point in Bakugo's life, forever changing the perspective the hero students had on the hot head.

From the corner of your eye, you see Bakugo stand up and head out of the room, probably getting ready for his match. Following your gaze, Sero and Jirou shared a knowing look as they turned back to face the front where Shinso managed to brainwash Awase.

As the stage got fixed for Bakugo and Tetsutetsu's match, a curious Kirishima took the spot next to you as he jumped into your conversation.

"Say Y/n... what's it like to be soulmates with Bakugo?"

The raw curiosity in his words reflected the million dollar question the entire class wondered about. The conversations that were going on quietened down as the class instinctively leaned in closer to hear your words. At the question, you look down at your phone, watching the screen light up. Kirishima managed to take a peek at your screen, he didn't mean to be nosey but it caught his attention. Your wallpaper was a picture of Bakugo hunched over smiling after having launched his dirty gym socks at your face.