Chapter TwentyEight

I shower again after Sage leaves the room, washing away the sweat lining my body. I now sit at the dining table eating a meal of pork, mashed potato and peas.

Sage is absent from the table as well as Serge, Gunner, Ryder and Gabe. The shouting from the other side of the house that holds Serge's office had been going on for the past half an hour as everyone sits in silence at the dining table, too scared to make a squeak.

From the sound of it Serge isn't happy about Sage being late back to Lawless, the incident had obviously rattled Serge more then he let on.

"Fucking bastard!" Serge's voice vibrates the walls of the house, before a thump is heard. My mind flashes back to Sage and Serge fighting and I pray to god that it isn't happening again.

"Would you calm the fuck down" Ryder's voice can be heard. Not much had been heard from Sage surprisingly, the rendezvous from earlier having a sedative effect on him.

The faint sounds of Lily and Rose crying from upstairs can be heard as their father rages downstairs.

Ivy's cutlery hits the plate as she abruptly stands up, not waiting for the rest of the table to finish eating.

"Dove, come with me" she says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me from my seat.

"I'm not fin-" she cuts me off with a look and I wonder what I've done. She pulls me upstairs and closer to the crying of Lily and Rose.

Hunter stands outside the door, his entire aura unsettling. He looks down at us as we approach, not moving out of the doorway that holds Lily and Rose on the inside.

"Move, Hunter" Ivy does her best to shove him out of the way but he doesn't budge, only deciding to move on his own accord.

The room has two cribs, one white and one pink. The walls are a baby pink and the entire room is decked out to look like a fairy-tale.

Lily and Rose stand in both their cribs, looking over the railing, tears pouring down their faces. A maid stands at Lily's bed, doing her best to console her but being unsuccessful.

"It's okay Maria, we've got it" Ivy says as Maria throws us a relieved smile before making her way to the door. "You get Rose" Ivy instructs as she pulls Lily from the crib.

The shouting downstairs starts up again and this time I can hear Sage within the mix.

"What are they shouting about?" I ask Ivy. Wondering if she knows anymore then I do. The anger seems over the top to be just about Sage not coming back on time, there has to be more to it.

Ivy freezes slightly, an unsure look crossing her face.

"Ivy?" I question as Lily and Rose finally begin to settle.

"Look Dove, you really need to ask Rage, it's not my place" is all she says.

"Is it about Class?" I ask, trying to pull as much information from her as possible. She warily nods her head yes.

"High Class?" I ask, wanting to know if my father and brother are involved. She nods again, not making eye contact with me. I become slightly shaky on my feet, had Sir Walter done something to my family in return for me leaving Class?

"Are they okay?".

"You need to talk to Rage, Dove" is all she says as the girls play on the floor, their tears dried and the shouting from door stairs quiet again.

"Dove!" I hear Sage calling for me from somewhere close.

"She's in here, mate" I hear Hunter say to him from outside the door. Sage's feet stomp along the floor before he opens the door. He takes in the scene in front of him, Ivy not making eye contact with either of us and my shaky legs.