CHAPTER FIVE

Being in the capital exhausts me, especially when everyone is chattering about me. I'm sitting in the carriage with Veronica.

I took a deep breath, it isn't as effortless to be the evil like everyone assumes.

I used to say that Eloise is indeed an excellent figure because she is evil back when I was merely a 'regular' human.

I now can understand how difficult must have been for her to endure such comments every day.

The mass of people who live near the imperial capital is seen through the window.

What exactly in the world is going on over there?

Veronica asked, "My lady, is there something amiss?"

"There is nothing," I repeat.

When we returned to the ducal's residence, Veronica sorted all of the items we purchased at the boutique while I dressed in my chamber.

Just the same as yesterday, I went for a stroll in the garden, but when I arrived, I spotted 

Augustus wielding his sword hilt alongside other knights nearby.

I'm basically standing here observing every move that he makes. The freedom of phobias must be lovely.

He gives me a startling glance before turning away. Despite my confusion, I really do not care.

I sat down and gazed at the dahlia and the other lovely flowers.

I'm savouring the tea that Veronica made. It's warm

"M'lady, It's almost time for your lecture." Veronica stated

Oh, I completely overlooked it. As I entered that room, I spotted Adelaide occupied with a book.

I inquire in a pathetic voice, "Oh my, am I late?"

"Ah, n-no, not really at all, lady Eloise, I-I just arrived here," she spoke as she stood up.

"I see, but I still feel terrible for becoming tardy, I'm sincerely sorry," the speaker said.

She bowed, "N-no, no no, it was all fine!"

I also bow before we begin the session. We even engage in a brief conversation as the room erupts in laughter.

The lesson is now over, and it goes by so quickly. I bow.

"I had a wonderful time today, Adelaide."

She smiles, more at relaxed than yesterday, "Oh likewise, lady Eloise, you're nothing at all like the rumours depict. I'm beginning to like you as my learner."

I give Adelaide a smile in return and remark, "I'll see ya tomorrow. Let's plan something enjoyable for us."

"Certainly, lady Eloise."

I gesture at her and wondering if I should treat myself now knowing that my first objective perceives me differently than what the rumour implies.

"I would want to eat something sugary, Veronica." I requested

"I'll go make some desserts for you, my lady,"

"Thank you," I said before she went to the kitchen.

Ah, thus this is the sensation of having a genuine admirer, but I feel horrible because Adelaide had no idea that she was being employed as a stepping stone

Well, I'll find a way to reward her.

by proposing that she work as the royal prince's mentor.