34 • Did it look like i wanted you to come over? • 34

Sebastian Lakewood, Freya Calloway and Jack Williams walked into the diner, heading towards the counter

Freya Calloway and Sebastian were laughing about something I couldn't hear, whilst Jack Williams looked around the room until his eyes landed on me and his lips twitched upwards, threatening a smirk.

I rested my head on my right hand, trying to block my face from view, but it wasn't quick enough. Jack Williams had already nudged Sebastian, causing him to look in our direction. Freya's eyes followed just after and she grabbed Sebastian's arm as if she was trying to prevent him from coming over to us. She said something, it looked like she said don't, but I averted my gaze and looked right at Billy who was trying to figure out what I had become distracted by.

"What is it?" He asked me.

"Some people I don't want to see right now." I sighed, knowing my cheeks were probably still stained with my tears.

Billy looked over and his once relaxed face stiffened. "For fuck's sake." He huffed. "We really don't want to be dealing with them right now." Billy said, looking at me. His range turning to concern.

"Funny, I could say the same about you two." Someone said, we turned and looked up to see Sebastian standing over us. It seemed Freya's attempt to prevent Sebastian from coming over had failed.

"What do you want Sebastian?" Billy asked him, irritation bleeding into his words.

I didn't look up again. I didn't want them to see my face.

"This is none of your business, Montgomery." Sebastian snarled and I could feel his eyes turn to me. "You should be at home."

I rolled my eyes. "Should I now?" I couldn't help, but turn to face them. I saw Freya look at me, concern washing over her face before she glanced at Sebastian uncertainly. Jack's lips just twisted as if he was trying to resist a smirk. Sebastian's face was neutral. "Remind me, when did I agree to listen to what you think I should do?"

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at me. "You should learn to do as your told, Charlotte."

Billy scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Fuck off Sebastian, she doesn't have to listen to you. Leave her alone."

"Aww is that why you need him, Charl? You've got you're very own bitch to fight your corner." Jack Williams laughed.

Billy jumped up and I saw his hands ball into fists. "What did you just say to me, Williams?"

Jack grinned. "Ah no worries, I can repeat myself for you —"

"Shut up, jack." I growled.

Jack's eyes lit up and he turned to me. "Ahh that's more like it, little Charlotte has pulled herself together again and she can actually speak  for herself!"He marvelled. "Are you proud of your stepsister, Sebastian ?" Jack laughed.